A degree audit is divided into the following sections:
College, degree, major, and catalog year information
- The report begins by listing a student's unique information. It is important to verify the degree(s), major(s), option(s), and catalog year listed. Any discrepancies should be reported to an advisor.
Charts and graphs summary
- This section displays charts and graphs that summarize GPA and credit load information. The charts and graphs can display core, major and elective GPA and credits completed data. Clicking on a section of the graph will display a chart displaying specific completed requirement GPA, and credit information.
FERPA statement, declared program, advisor, and summary of credit toward graduation
- This section includes The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act statement, indicates the declared degree program and credit hours earned at CU, transfer credit hours earned at other institutions, and a GPA section. Please note that the CU GPA includes courses completed at any CU campus (Boulder, Colorado Springs, The Anschutz Medical Campus and/or Denver). It does not include GPA information from other transfer colleges.
Academic requirements and sub-requirements
- The degree audit contains lists of requirements. Requirements are made up of sub-requirements. The red “X” indicates the requirement or one of its sub-requirements has not been fulfilled. A green open check mark with the letters “IP” indicates that the requirement and its sub-requirements are completed using in-progress courses. A green closed check mark indicates the requirement and its sub-requirements are completed.
Work not applied to this program
- This section will list course work that does not complete a specific program requirement. Contact an advisor if a course that meets a program requirement appears in this section.
- This section gives an explanation of symbols and grades used in the audit.
- The degree audit displays a list of all course work taken by term. This list includes transfer course work and course work taken at CU Denver.