University of Colorado – Consent to Conduct Business Electronically
The decision whether to do business electronically with the University of Colorado is yours. When you select the "I agree" checkbox and "Continue" button below, you consent to allow the University to conduct business electronically including having communications provided or made available to you in electronic form and entering into Agreements and Transactions using electronic records and signatures. Your consent is valid until your student access to UCDAccess student portal expires or until you revoke your consent. Categories of records and agreements to be provided and approved electronically may include:
- Registration Documents: including but not limited to FERPA Release Requests, Graduation Applications, ordering Official Transcripts, release of information to third parties, and Student Verification Request Forms.
- Admission Documents: including but not limited to Applications for Admission, Admissions Offer Acceptance.
- Financial Aid Documents: including but not limited to Accepting/Declining Financial Aid Awards, Authorizations to Hold, Release, or Return Funds including Title IV funds.
- Student Accounts Documents: including but not limited to student account payment plans, authorization of COF, viewing Student Account Balances, View and Pay Tuition Bill, authorization to use federal Title IV financial aid funds for non-allowable charges, eSign Federal Perkins Promissory Notes and Disclosures, Direct Deposit.
- Miscellaneous Documents: including but not limited to receipt of consumer information about the University, any disclosure, consent, waiver, release, notice or payment reminder that would normally be delivered in writing that may be required by law or regulation.
- In order to conduct and approve electronic transactions and agreements with the University of Colorado, you must use a computer with a supported operating system and internet browser, sufficient electronic storage capacity on the computer’s hard drive or other data storage unit, a printer that is capable of printing from the browser, and email software.
- Only the person whose University of Colorado PassportID was used to enter this web site may conduct business and approve electronic transactions and agreements on this site. You may not share your PassportID or login information to anyone else, and any other use is unlawful and, if you are a student, is considered a serious violation of the University's Acceptable Use of CU Denver | Anschutz’s IT Resources Policy. You must also keep your contact information up-to-date. To update your name, address, or email address, log into the UCDAccess student portal.
- The University of Colorado reserves the right to provide records in paper format at any time. By consenting to electronically conduct business and approve electronic transactions and agreements, however, you agree that the University of Colorado is not required to provide you with records in paper format. If you want to retain a paper copy of any records provided electronically, you should print a copy from the computer.
- This consent also includes consent to receive your 1098T statement electronically in the UCDAccess student portal, where it will be available annually from January 31 for a minimum of three years from issuance. If you want to retain a paper copy of any record provided electronically you should print a copy from your UCDAccess portal account. If you do not consent, the statement will be provided in paper form. Any post-consent request for the statement in paper form will be considered a withdrawal of consent.
- You may withdraw your consent to electronically conduct business at any time. However, if you withdraw consent, any Agreements or Transactions between you and the University of Colorado during the period after your consent to do business electronically, and before your withdrawal of consent, will be valid and binding on all parties. To withdraw consent, contact the Registrar’s Office, which will confirm the effective date of your withdrawal.
- If you do not agree with any of these items, you should select the "Sign Out" link and exit the UCDAccess student portal. By selecting "Sign Out", you will not be able to use the UCDAccess student portal to conduct business electronically with the University of Colorado. This includes not being able to access accounts and information online. To proceed with or obtain more information about conducting business in a non-electronic medium, you must contact the Office of the Registrar.
- To comply with the federal Higher Education Act, the University of Colorado must provide certain information about the university to enrolled students. Follow this link to review the university’s legal notices.
BY CLICKING ON THE I AGREE CHECKBOX AND CONTINUE BUTTON, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THE INFORMATION ABOUT CONDUCTING BUSINESSAND APPROVING ELECTRONIC TRANSACTIONS AND AGREEMENTSWITH THE UNIVERSITY USING ELECTRONIC METHODS, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO ACCESS CONSUMER INFORMATION ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY, AND HAVE EITHER CONSULTED WITH OR HAD SUFFICIENT OPPORTUNITY TO CONSULT WITH ADVISORS OF YOUR CHOICE ON THE MEANING AND IMPLICATIONS OF THIS CONSENT. YOU AGREE THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY PROVIDE YOU WITH THE ABOVE-LISTED CATEGORIES OF RECORDS IN ELECTRONIC FORMAT AND YOU CONSENT TO ELECTRONICALLY ENTER INTO TRANSACTIONS RELATED TO THOSE RECORDS.