Before receiving your first Federal Direct Loan at the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus (University), the U.S. Department of Education requires that you complete the online Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN). The Loan Entrance Counseling will provide important information about student loans so that you will become a well-informed borrower.
The counseling covers your rights and responsibilities, interest rates, repayment options, and the consequences of default or not repaying your loan. The MPN is your promise to repay this loan and contains the terms and conditions of the loan, as well as repayment information.
- Complete the online Entrance Counseling and MPN at studentloans.gov.
- Select University of Colorado Denver, school code 004508, as your college.
- Retain a copy of your MPN for your records.
- Check your account online at your Servicer's web site for detailed repayment information and deferment or forbearance, and consolidation options. Your Servicer's statement will have their contact information and web address or go to National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) to find your Servicer's information.
- Additional information is available on the U.S. Department of Education's Repaying Your Loans page.
Follow the step-by-step Completing Entrance Counseling & MPN.
NOTE: If you borrowed institutional loans such as the Perkins Loan, Medical Student Loan, or Federal Nursing Loan, please go to the Student Debt Management web page for the entrance counseling and MPN requirements.
Upon graduating, leaving school, or dropping below half-time enrollment, you are required to complete the Direct Loan Exit Counseling at studentloans.gov.
The U.S. Department of Education offers repayment options: Standard Repayment Plan, Extended Repayment Plan, Graduated Repayment Plan, Income-based Plan, Pay As You Earn, and the Income Contingent Plan.
Additional information is available on the U.S. Department of Education's Repaying Your Loans page.
NOTE: If you borrowed institutional loans such as the Perkins Loan, Medical Student Loan, or Federal Nursing Loan, please go to the Student Debt Management web page for the exit counseling and MPN requirements.