Skip to main content
Sign In

Financial Aid


Student Employment

Student Information and Forms

​Our forms are in Adobe PDF format so you'll need Adobe Reader to view, complete, and print the forms.

Student Checklist

  1. To apply for a work-study award, complete the FAFSA and any other required institutional Financial Aid forms. See the Work-Study Program page for more information.
  2. Search for a job via the Job Board -- the Job Board has both hourly and work-study positions in CU Denver and CU Anschutz departments as well as off-campus agencies.
  3. After finding a suitable position, contact the employer directly to inquire about the application process.
  4. After being hired, you will need to complete the necessary payroll forms. If you are hired by a UCD or AMC department, submit your forms to your supervisor. The background check must be passed and your paperwork must be complete before you can begin working.
  5. If you are working off-campus in a work-study position (incl. CCD, MSCD, AHEC), please complete the necessary forms and submit them in person to Student Employment in North Classroom (NC) 1030. Remember to bring your I-9 documents (generally Social Security Card and Photo ID or a US Passport) as well as a voided check for direct deposit.
    NOTE: Students working off-campus may not begin working until Student Employment e-mails their timesheet to the supervisor(s) listed on the Work Authorization Form (WAF).
  6. Once you begin working, submit your timesheets to your supervisor by the appropriate deadline (see the 2014-15 Bi-Weekly Payroll Calendar). Students working off-campus can submit their timesheet directly to Student Employment once it is signed by their supervisor -- timesheets may be faxed to (303) 352-3556 or delivered to NC 1030.
    NOTE: Timesheets must be submitted with quarter-hour increments (i.e. 1 hour and 15 minutes = 1.25 hours), and must be signed by both the student and the supervisor.

IMPORTANT: Student Employee Background Check Policy

All student employees are subject to the University's background check policy. For more information, please see the policy statement on HR's web site.

NOTE: Student Retirement

Federal law requires that students must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours (graduate student minimum 3 credit hours) for the term in which they are employed to be exempt from the Colorado Student Retirement Plan. The only exception to this Federal law is that any student working in the semester/quarter in which they will graduate, are not held to the above minimum credit hour requirement.

Please contact CU Payroll and Benefits Services at (303) 860-4200 for more information about the Student Retirement Program.

Online Student Employment Orientation

Please view our online orientation for information about the Student Employment Program as a well as your employment responsibilities.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask student employment.​​​​

University of Colorado Denver

© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.