Skip to main content
Sign In

University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus

CU Denver - Learn with Purpose
 

School of Public Affairs

WE SHAPE PUBLIC POLICY

United by a vision of a better future

At the School of Public Affairs, our programs and faculty are creating the next generation of visionary leaders. Students gain real-world perspective working in the field and learning from professors who are shaping public policy through research. Some graduates lead during emergencies and disaster recovery. Others support victims of domestic violence, work to improve public schools, advocate within the criminal justice system or serve as elected officials.

Our location in downtown Denver gives us unprecedented access to a diverse urban environment where we can turn policy into practice. With opportunities for experiential learning, rigorous programs and flexible scheduling, our student body is ready to learn with purpose and then take action.

 

Incubator of Leaders

Jamie Van Leeuwen’s doctoral degree from CU Denver didn’t just train him for a career in civic service, it also prepared him for nonprofit work. While he still spends 60 percent of his time working for the governor as a senior advisor, he spends the other 40 percent as the Executive Director of the Global Livingston Institute—a nonprofit organization Van Leeuwen founded after being named a Livingston Fellow of the Bonfils-Stanton Foundation.

“The CU Denver School of Public Affairs is an extraordinary incubator of leaders in the public sector. It has inspired me to be a better public servant and a better community leader, not only locally but internationally.”

-Jamie Van Leeuwen, PhD, Senior Advisor, Gov. John Hickenlooper
CU Denver

1250 14th Street
Denver, Colorado
303-556-2400

Map it

CU Anschutz
Medical Campus

13001 E. 17th Place
Aurora, Colorado
303-724-5000

Map it

CU South Denver

10035 S. Peoria Street
Parker, Colorado
720-488-3300

Map it

© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.