Skip to main content
Sign In

Ship or Receive Hazardous Materials

Environmental Health & Safety

Receive Hazardous Materials


RAM shipments may not deliver directly to the lab. All RAM ​must be shipped to:
      EHS Support Facility
      13178 E. 19th Ave.

      Aurora, CO 80045

EHS will deliver the package to the lab.​​​

Ship Hazardous Materials

Outbound shipment of biological, chemical, or radioactive materials is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and the International Air Transportation Association (IATA). Research-related transfers are also subject to other criteria, and may require completion of a Materials Transfer Agreement before shipping.


  • Notify the Biosafety Office before shipping biological materials abroad.​
  • Those responsible for shipment of biological materials must complete CU: Shipping Biological Materials on Skillsoft, which is accessed via the UCDAccess Portal​. This training must be completed biennially.
  • Relevant information may be found in the U.S. Department of Transportation's Guide to Transporting Infectious Substances.


EHS Hazardous Materials division must be contacted by email​ prior to shipping chemicals.  Failure to do so may result in regulatory penalties. 


State and Federal regulations regarding radioactive shipments require specific packaging, labeling and documentation, and the conduct of certain protective steps. Refer to section 3.2.9 of the Radiation Safety Manual​, or contact the Radiation Safety Office at (303) 724-0345.​