These awards can be used to pay for CTRC resources and services necessary to conduct CTRC-approved protocols at University of Colorado Hospital, Children’s Hospital Colorado, and Perinatal CTRC. Eligible services include CTRC research nursing, CCTSI nutrition, CTRC core laboratory, CTRC echocardiography & vascular imaging, CTRC exercise testing, CTRC indirect calorimetry, DXA, and body composition analyses, and some eligible hospital expenses (clinical laboratory charges, research pharmacy charges, and radiology charges). There will be no charge to investigators for use of CTRC inpatient beds or outpatient facility space.
- Junior faculty (Assistant Professors and below), Post-docs, and Fellows are eligible to apply. The eligible investigator receiving the MicroGrant must be the Principal Investigator on the research protocol.
- If resources allow, applications from Mid-career and Senior Faculty will be considered when the MicroGrant will support:
- a pilot project in a new area of research
- an external grant application that received a good score but requires additional preliminary data prior to resubmission
- Because the funds to support the CTRC MicroGrant program are provided by University of Colorado Hospital and Children’s Hospital Colorado, only protocols that utilize the CTRC facilities at these institutions are eligible.
Duration of Support
- CTRC MicroGrants may be requested for a maximum period of 3 years per protocol.
Amount of Awards
- Up to $10,000 per protocol per year may be awarded for the period 7/1/15 – 6/30/18
- Unspent funds may not be carried forward to the next year without specific permission from the CCTSI Administrative Core.
An annual review of progress for each protocol receiving CTRC MicroGrant support will be conducted to ensure adequate progress on the protocol has been achieved and to determine if funding will be provided for subsequent years.
- Submit your CTRC protocol through the HSR Submission Portal. In the Funding section of the Protocol Assessment Form, select the "CTRC Funding" checkbox. Then select the "Requesting CTRC MicroGrant" checkbox.
If the "Requesting CTRC MicroGrant" checkbox is selected, your protocol will automatically be considered for a MicroGrant during the SARC review process.
- The CTRC MicroGrant Committee (composed of the CCTSI Director, CCTSI Resources and Services Associate Director, CTRC Directors, and CCTSI Administrative Director) meet once a month to review all applications for CTRC MicroGrant support.
- Review criteria include quality of the science, financial need, justification of the budget, rank of investigator and availability of funds.
- Applications for CTRC MicroGrant funding in support of protocols with projected budgets that exceed the amount of allowable MicroGrant support must provide written documentation of the availability of additional funds to support the entire study.
- Final SARC approval must be obtained before a MicroGrant can be awarded. You will be notified on the status of your MicroGrant application within one month of full SARC approval.
Questions should be directed to Kristen House, CTRC Research Services Program Manager, at email@example.com