Join us and learn about data science trends with an emphasis on how machine learning and data mining are being used in biomedical research.
Wednesdays: May 8 - June 12, 2019, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Location: Anschutz Medical Campus, Classroom TBD
Course Fee: $425
A University Procard or personal credit card can be used for payment. Fee includes a light dinner each week. (CCTSI K-awardees attend for free)
Schedule of Topics
This introductory short course does not replace formal education in biostatistics. Continuous attendance is encouraged. In-class and online participation is required. A certificate of completion will be provided with 5 out of 6 in-class lectures attended.
- May 8: Overview of Data Science
- May 15: Introduction of Machine Learning in Biomedical Research
- May 22: Clustering and Pattern Finding ("unsupervised" Machine Learning)
- May 29: Powerful Predictive Models and Variable Selection ("supervised" Machine Learning)
- June 5: Fundamentals of Data Visualization
- June 12: Reproducible Research and Team Science
Sponsored by the Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Research Design (BERD) core of the CCTSI.