The mission of the Clinical Science Graduate Program is to prepare and train nationally competitive clinician/clinical translational scientists.
To provide a comprehensive knowledge of translational research methods and techniques in clinical science in order to train and further prepare clinician scientists.
- Perform human research that adheres to the principles and guidelines of ethical conduct
- Critically appraise existing literature and sources of information
- Apply evidence based practice principals
- Accurately select, use and interpret commonly used statistics
- Apply and use appropriate study designs and methods to address research questions/hypotheses
- Identify and measure clinically relevant and meaningful outcomes
- Design and conduct research studies
- Adhere to legal, ethical and regulatory issues related to clinical research
- Publish research-based manuscripts to peer-reviewed journals
- Prepare and submit grant proposals
- Provide constructive reviews and feedback to colleagues
- Demonstrate effective communication and leadership skills
- Participate in interdisciplinary collaboration