*Student Health Insurance will be closed from December 24th to January 4th. The Health Center at Auraria will be closed from December 24th to January 4th. Please go to an Urgent Care facility if you are in need of medical care. For emergencies, please go to the nearest Emergency Room or call 911 for an ambulance.
Spring semester enrollment is now open.
- Please follow the link to enroll: https://studentportal.sis-inc.biz/UCDC/UCDC_Enrollment.aspx
- SIS - Eligibility studentportal.sis-inc.biz
- You currently have the option to enroll for Spring only or Spring and Summer combined.
- If you chose to enroll for Spring only you will be able to enroll for the Summer semester at the end of April given that you meet the eligibility requirements
- Deadline to enroll for the Spring or Spring/Summer semester will be February 8th, 2016
- For VA Students only: the GI bill may cover your insurance fee. Please note that you must enroll for SPRING SEMESTER ONLY. For more details please contact the VA office in Tivoli #124
- For more coverage details please take a look at the brochure below
The University of Colorado Denver does not have a mandatory health insurance policy for domestic students. This means that domestic students DO NOT HAVE TO SHOW PROOF OF HEALTH INSURANCE and are NOT AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED FOR THE CU DENVER HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN. CU Denver does offer a voluntary health insurance plan and strongly encourages students to have health care coverage. Plan coverage starts on the first day of each semester. No supplemental vision or dental plan is currently offered.
2015/16 plan overview:
Insurance Carrier: Aetna
- Do I have to show proof of insurance? If you are a domestic student you do not have to show proof of insurance and you will not be automatically charged for insurance at CU Denver (no waivers required)
- Can I add a domestic partner or child to the plan? We are no longer offering dependent insurance for the CU Denver student plan
- Is there a deductible? There is a $500 in-network deductible. Deductibles and co-pays are waived for services at the Health Center at Auraria
- Do I need a referral? Referrals will be required services outside the health center except Medical Emergency, Maternity, Obstetrical and Gynecological Care, when the Student Health Center is closed, Medical Care more than 50 miles from Campus, Medical Care when a student can no longer access the Student Health Center (when the student is no longer at the school), or Psychotherapy.
- Who can sign up for the plan? In order to be eligible for the student health insurance plan undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours; graduate students must be actively enrolled in a degree seeking program, there is no minimum credit hour requirement for graduate students. Students must actively attend classes for at least the first 31 days after the date for which coverage is purchased. Home study, correspondence and TV Courses do not fulfill the eligibility requirements that the student actively attends class.
Prior plan year information:
Click here for the CU Denver 2014/15 Student Health Insurance Brochure
Center at Auraria
Center at Auraria provides health services for ALL UC Denver students
regardless of insurance status. Students who do not have the CU Denver
insurance plan will be asked for payment at the time of service. The Health
Center is located in the Plaza Building Suite 150 or you can reach them at
303-556-2525. To learn more please visit the Health Center at
Auraria web site.
For questions please schedule an appointment with the student health insurance coordinator via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also stop by during walk-in hours, see schedule below:
note that walk-in hours are subject to change; Please call 303-556-3519 to