Student organizations promote strong social networks and lasting friendships, student engagement and involvement, exceptional leadership skills, and collaboration and inclusivity. Developing a new student organization is a simple and streamlined process through the CU Denver Office of Student Life!
In order to complete the recognition process, each organization will need to confirm three (3) officers and one (1) faculty/staff advisor, as well as upload their constitution/by-laws. All CU Denver Student Organizations require a non-discrimination clause in their constitution.
Additionally, students need to determine which of the following recognition types they fall under:
- Affiliated organizations fall under the university tax ID number, are tax-exempt and are required to manage all of their funds through the Office of Student Life (no off-campus bank accounts allowed). This recognition type also allows the organization to request funding for events and conferences through the Student Government Association. The President and Treasurer of the student organization are required to attend a Finance & Funding training offered through Student Life, Prior to making any deposits, purchases or funding requests.
- Associated organizations are typically chapters of larger organizations and fall under their national/local organization's tax ID number. This recognition type operates an off-campus bank account and does not have access to Student Government funding. Student Life does not oversee the organization's finances.
Click Here or use the following steps to register your new organization through MyLynx:
- Go to mylynx.ucdenver.edu/organizations to begin the registration process.
- Fill out the general information. Note that you need to know the emails, student ID numbers, and phone numbers of your officers.
- Upload a picture, create your categories and interest, and submit for approval.
- Please allow up to 48 hours for a response as we wait for your advisor's approval.
- Once approved, you will receive a recognition letter with important dates and resources for your organization.
Note: You must be signed into MyLynx before you can start the registration process.