Attention: We are excited for you to start your student org! We're using this summer to update the ways we support each student organization. As you review the various requirements to start your org, keep in mind that by the time registration opens in Aug. 2019, the requirements may have changed.
Developing a new student org is simple and streamlined! In order to complete the recognition process, each organization will need to confirm three (3) officers and one (1) faculty/staff advisor, as well as upload their constitution/by-laws. View the sample constitution. Additionally, students need to determine which of the following recognition types they fall under:
- Affiliated organizations fall under the university tax ID number, are tax-exempt and are required to manage all of their funds through the Office of Student Life (no off-campus bank accounts allowed). This recognition type also allows the organization to request funding for events and conferences through the Student Government Association. The President and Treasurer of the student organization are required to attend a Finance & Funding training offered through Student Life, Prior to making any deposits, purchases or funding requests.
- Associated organizations are typically chapters of larger organizations and fall under their national/local organization's tax ID number. This recognition type operates an off-campus bank account and does not have access to Student Government funding. Student Life does not oversee the organization's finances.
Steps to register your org:
Download the guide or follow the steps below to get started.
- Meet with the Office of Student Life and Campus Community. Although this is optional, this can help you understand what it means to be an organization at CU Denver and give you the best chance to succeed! Email email@example.com to set up a meeting.
- Create a constitution. Sample constitutions can be downloaded or found on the first page of the MyLynx registration form. Note that all constitutions must have a non-discrimination clause as stated in the sample constitution.
- Find a total of three CU Denver student officers and one faculty/staff advisor. If you need help finding an advisor, email us so we can help match you with one!
- Register your organization through MyLynx. Once logged-in, click on Create Organization.
- Keep an eye out for an email from our office. We will review your submission and send your advisor an agreement form. Once complete, you will be sent an official recognition letter.