Student organizations promote strong social networks and lasting friendships, student engagement and involvement, exceptional leadership skills, and collaboration and inclusivity. Developing a new student organization is a simple and streamlined process through the CU Denver Office of Student Life!
In order to complete the recognition process, each organization will need to confirm three (3) officers and one (1) faculty/staff advisor, as well as upload their constitution/by-laws. All CU Denver Student Organizations require a non-discrimination clause in their constitution.
Additionally, students need to determine which of the following recognition types they fall under:
- Affiliated organizations fall under the university tax ID number, are tax-exempt and are required to manage all of their funds through the Office of Student Life (no off-campus bank accounts allowed). This recognition type also allows the organization to request funding for events and conferences through the Student Government Association. The President and Treasurer of the student organization are required to attend a Finance & Funding training offered through Student Life, Prior to making any deposits, purchases or funding requests.
- Associated organizations are typically chapters of larger organizations and fall under their national/local organization's tax ID number. This recognition type operates an off-campus bank account and does not have access to Student Government funding. Student Life does not oversee the organization's finances.
Click Here or use the following steps to begin registering your new organization through OrgSync:
- Go to the "Organizations" page of our OrgSync community and click on "Register New Organization."
- Fill out Basic Organization Information (page 1).
- Enter the organization positions. All officers must have an OrgSync account (page 2).
- Review the Sample Constitution and CU Denver Student Organization Policy (page 3).
- Enter specific information and upload the Student Organization Constitution (page 4).
- Review our resources and agree to the CU Denver Student Organization Policy (page 5).