All forms and applications regarding the management of a student organization can be found on MyLynx. Student organizations are required to renew their recognition each year beginning on July 1 (We are switching engagement platforms, so we will extend current organization's recognition through July 2018. More information will concerning recognition renewal will be emailed to officers, and posted on the main Student Organizations webpage).
In order to complete the recognition process, each organization will need to confirm three (3) officers and one (1) faculty/staff advisor, as well as upload their constitution/by-laws. All CU Denver student organizations require a non-discrimination clause in their constitution.
Types of Recognition
Affiliated Student Organizations:
- are permitted to use the university’s name, trademark, IRS tax-exemption or governmental status, following established university policies
- have access to the university’s purchasing, travel office, payroll and personnel system
- must manage their funds through the university accounting system and may not establish separate checking accounts at any outside banking institutions or credit unions
- may receive funding from student fees through the Student Government Association
- may use university facilities for events or meetings
Associated Student Organizations:
- are local chapters of national organizations that have a presence on campus and want to maintain off campus bank accounts using their national organizations’ or chapters’ EIN numbers.
- do not have access to the university’s purchasing, travel office, payroll and personnel system.
- may not use the university’s name, IRS tax-exemption or governmental status.
- may not receive funding from student fees through the Student Government Association
- may use university facilities for events or meetings.
Please click here to access the Student Organization Policy and learn more about recognition statuses and finance guidelines.