Meeting and conference facilities are available for use by recognized organizations. All meeting rooms are reserved on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Reserving a facility
All reservations for the Tivoli Student Union and Auraria Facilities must be coordinated through the AHEC Conference Services, located in Room 325 of the Tivoli or by phone at 303-556-2755.
While the Conference Services staff will assist with the reservation process, it is helpful if you have the following information available prior to contacting them:
- Verify with the Office of Student Life the correct procedure to follow for planning an event
- Type of facility desired (i.e., reception room, lecture space, performance space, etc.)
- Date and time of proposed event
- Sponsoring organization name
- Responsible for event the student recognized advisor
- Type of event
- Estimated attendance
- Special requirements (AV equipment, disabled access, etc.)
- Admission charge or registration fee information
- Catering Company Name (You must follow all cash handling guidelines)
- Campus account number (when applicable)
- Parking needs (for speakers or guests)
- Complete name, phone number and address of recognized advisor attending the event
While every effort will be made to assign groups to their requested space, the staff may assign functions to facilities which are most appropriate for the capacity and type of function being planned. Generally, assignments for use of the facilities are based on factors including, but not limited to:
- Availability of facility
- Appropriateness and general feasibility of facility for specified use.
- Potential conflict with other activities.
- Fulfillment of necessary requirements, including, but not limited to, payment of fees, proof of insurance, existence of completed use agreements, required approval of other campus departments.
Open vs. closed events
Organizations who do qualify to schedule the use of the Tivoli facilities may set their own policies concerning opening or closing their scheduled activity to the public or news media. If such scheduled activities are closed to the public, they may be opened or closed to the news media at the discretion of the sponsoring organization. Unobtrusive use of still and motion picture cameras and recording devices are permitted during any open meeting.
In addition to the provisions defined by student organizations/funding requirements, the following conditions apply:
- Recognized student organizations and departments are expected to pay all fees associated with an event, in full, within 30 days of invoicing (a campus account number is required before an event can be confirmed). In some instances, payment in full in advance of the event, may be required.