Skip to main content
Sign In

University of Colorado Denver

The Office of Student Health

Needlesticks & Exposures

Anschutz Medical Campus Student Health

Immediately after a needle-stick or bodily fluid exposure

Employees, faculty, residents, and students that have needle-sticks or bodily fluid exposures should seek immediate medical attention in the Emergency Room of the hospital where the work related incident occurs.

For more detailed info please Incident procedures.pdfIncident procedures.pdf

Exceptions are:

  • University of Colorado Hospital (UH)
    Go to the Infectious Disease Clinic at Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion
    1637 Aurora Court, 7th floor
    Between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM
    Monday -Friday, or the Emergency Room after hours.
  • Denver Health Medical Center (DHMC)
    Go to the Occupational Health and Safety Center
    Corner of 6th Avenue and Bannock, 4th Floor
    Between 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
    Monday through Friday or the Emergency Room after hours.
  • Employees working in small clinics or in laboratories off campus should go to the nearest emergency room or facility that can perform a blood draw.
  • Students, volunteers or others not covered by workers’ compensation should contact their personal healthcare provider.

Non-emergency or follow-up medical care

For non-emergency or follow-up medical care for your workers’ comp injury, you must go to one of the following Designated Medical Providers approved by University Risk Management for more information and to fill a claim please visit


University Risk Management
1800 Grant Street, Suite 700
Denver, CO 80203
Phone: 303-860-5682
Fax : 303-860-5680


Please direct any workers’ compensation questions to University Risk Management (303) 860-5682, (888) 812-9601, or University of Colorado Denver Risk Management (303) 724-6497.

Office of Student Health

Phone: 303-724-7674

Street Address: Education II, North, Room #3213


© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.