The University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Student Health Insurance Plan is an annual, full-service medical insurance plan tailored to the needs of students. The plan is underwritten by UnitedHealthCare and administered by AmeriBen (1-855-639-8679).
All degree seeking students enrolled in 5 or more credit hours are required to have insurance. As a result, all full-time students taking 5 or more credit hours are automatically billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan A. If you have a comparable insurance, you may qualify to waive the Student Health Insurance Plan please see the section on waving and Student Health Insurance.
Plans and Costs
For the 12-13 Plan Year the Student Health Office will be offering two insurance plans.
- The annual cost of the student insurance For Plan A is $3,460 and Plan B is $2,688 ( half is charged to your tuition bill in the fall and the other half in the spring tuition (for students who started in fall 2012)).
- Summer only coverage is from 6/1/13-8/31/13, you may only enroll in the summer term if you are a new student or have been involuntarily dropped from another plan. Plan costs are Plan A $902 and Plan B $708
Following is a brief highlight of the Student Health Insurance Plan. For detailed benefits please review the Student Health Insurance brochure available at the Student Insurance Office. If you have been involuntarily dropped from your other insurance mid-year please contact the Student Insurance Office 303-724-7674.
Benefits listed are for the 12-13 Plan Year:
FOR ALL Summer 13 STARTING STUDENTS 6/1/13-8/31/13
- FOR ALL FALL 12 STARTING STUDENTS
- Effective 9/1/12-8/31/13 for returning students
- Effective 8/08/12-8/31/13 for new students
Health Plan Benefits
Spouse and Dependent Plans
The Anschutz Campus does offer a Spouse/Benefit plan; however please note it is not the same pricing as the Student Plans.
To enroll a spouse or dependent you please contact the Student Insurance office 303-724-7674 or download the forms 2012-13_UC-AMC_Dependent_Enroll.pdf. They must be enrolled at the same time and plan as the student or within 30 days of being involuntarily dropped from other coverage (documentation must be presented at time of enrollment).
The master policy on file at the university contains all the provisions, limitations, exclusions, and qualifications of the plans, which may not be included on the web pages. The master policy is the contract and will govern and control the payment of benefits.
The information on this website is intended to provide guidance to the benefits of the insurance and how to utilize its services. It in no way constitutes a guarantee of payment for claims submitted to the insurance company.