For all degree students taking 1 or more credit hours the waiver deadline for the 15-16 plan year will be August 24, 2015. All returning and new fall starting students will get an email once the site is up on July 22nd to complete your waiver or enrollment for the 15-16 plan year.
Waivers must be submitted no later then midnight on the deadline date. There will be $25 service fee assessed to all waivers received after the posted deadline but before census. NO waivers will be accepted after census and you will be enrolled into Plan A with annual coverage.
INCOMPLETE OR LATE WAIVERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
Starting Fall 15 there will be a $25 late waiver fee assessed to any waivers received after the posted deadline and prior to finale eligibility loaded with the carrier on census. Once finale eligibility is loaded no waivers will be accepted until the next fall waiver deadline. Also all students taking 1 credit hour or more in a degree program will be required to submit a waiver or enroll in the schools plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to carry insurance?
All students enrolled in 1 or more hours in a degree-seeking program are required to have insurance. As a result, all students taking one or more credit hours are automatically billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan. If you have a comparable insurance, you may qualify to waive the Student Health Insurance Plan. If you are registered for fewer than five hours and do not wish to enroll in the Student Health Insurance, you do not need to waive the insurance.
How do I waive the Student Health Insurance?
The Student Health Insurance may not be the best insurance option for you. We have worked hard to create the best plan possible, however, some students already have satisfactory insurance through an employer, spouse, parent or community. In that case, you probably want to waive the Student Health Insurance charges on your bill.
To waive on-line https://studentportal.sis-inc.biz/amc/amc.aspx
PDF AMC_Enrollment-Waiver Selection Form 2015-16_Final.pdf you will need to print and return the attached form to the address on the form with a copy of your insurance card front and back, emailed and faxed forms will not be accepted.
Step 1 - Determine if your plan qualifies waiver
Your insurance plan must meet several requirements in order to waive the Student Health Insurance Plan. If your plan does not meet these requirements, you will be enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan.
Comparable Coverage means that your health plan meets ALL of the following waiver criteria (Short Term Medical, CICP, and Student Select Plans DO NOT qualify):
- The annual deductible must be no more than $3,000 per individual and $6,000 per family per Plan Year; and
- Unlimited lifetime maximum; and
- Co-insurance is not more than 30%, if applicable; and
- Coverage must include comprehensive services including inpatient and outpatient benefits (with no coverage maximums) in the State of Colorado. Benefits cannot be for “Emergency Services only” (CICP, Accident Only, Short Term Medical & Student Select plans do not qualify); and coverage must not be an alternative to health insurance, such as a medical share plan; and
- Coverage must include outpatient mental health benefits of at least 20 visits per year, at a minimum payment of 70%; and
- Coverage must include inpatient mental health benefits at a minimum payment of 70%; and
- Coverage must include retail pharmacy benefits, both generic and brand drugs and does not have an additional RX deductible.
Students on a J-1 Visa please contact the Student Insurance Office for guidelines or review the waiver policy.
If you are unsure if your plan qualifies to waive the Student Health Insurance, feel free to contact the Student Insurance Office.
Step 2 - Obtain your insurance card
The information needed to waive the Student Insurance will be listed on your insurance card. If there are any problems with the information listed then my office will contact you directly. It can take up too two weeks to verify your other coverage and we ask that if you are trying to check the status of your waiver to please look at your on-line tuition account. Once the waiver has been processed the charge for the Student Insurance will be removed from you account.
Waiver Policy WaiverPolicy _15-16.pdf