Public Health Alert!!! - Important Information:
- Meningitis - Please note that the Auraria Immunization office (Plaza 149) offers Meningitis vaccinations for students for $115.
- Flu - We will be giving Flu Shots this Fall 2011. They will be free for students with current ID and $15.00 for staff and faculty. Dates for flu shot clinics are forthcoming.
Who should get a flu shot:
Anyone who wants to reduce their chances of getting the flu should get vaccinated (excluding those with contraindications). The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention strongly encourage anyone over the age of six months to get vaccinated.
Vaccine Information Statements
To all UC Denver Downtown Campus Students, Staff and Faculty:
We are a tri-institutional entity which provides medical services to all UC Denver-Denver Campus, Metro State and CCD students, staff and faculty. The Health Center provides reasonably priced medical services that support the well-being of the Auraria community, and the personal and academic development of students. We are composed of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, health educators, support staff and administrative professionals.
The Health Center at Auraria provides comprehensive primary care medical services similar to those found at community medical providers. In addition, specialists are on site in Psychiatry, Gynecology and Orthopedics.
The Health Center at Auraria maintains on-site laboratory and x-ray services. A medication dispensing outlet is available so patients who are seen at the Health Center can purchase their medications at the time of their visit.
Patients who participate in the UC Denver Student Health Insurance Plan will have their covered charges submitted directly to their insurance companies. Plan exceptions or co-pays will apply.
Any faculty, staff or students who are insured by any Blue Cross/ Blue Shield insurance plan can use their insurance at the Health Center at Auraria. The Health Center is an “in-network” Blue Cross/Blue Shield provider.
After Hours Care/Mental Health
If this is a life or limb threatening emergency, go immediately to the closest emergency room or call 911 for emergency response.
- For Mental Health Emergencies call (303) 352-4455
- Uninsured Denver county residents should call (303) 436-4482 for non-life threatening medical care
- All other patients call:
- After Hours Urgent Care at 303-861-7878
- Concentra Urgent Care at 303-296-2273
- Nextcare Urgent Care at 800-Nextcare
"Everyone is very professional and helpful. It is nice to see pleasant quick service among the entire staff. Thank you for the help! " - Jason Ernst, UC Denver Philosophy Student