-If you are the Veteran fill
-VA Form 22-1990, Application for VA Education Benefits
-If you are a dependent
(Chapter 35) fill out:
22-5490, Application for Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance
3. Petition for In-State Residency if eligible. (See ‘Veteran In-State Residency
Classification’ on pg. 2)
4. Fill out the FAFSA to be eligible for grants,
loans and scholarships.
6. Meet with school and department
advisors (Most require an appointment).
-To reach the advisors call the Admissions Office at 303-315-2601.
8. After you are accepted into UC Denver and have registered for classes
bring the following forms into the UCD Office of Veteran Student Services:
-DD214 Member 4 (Do not email
due to the sensitive information on it).
Certification/Class Card - Fill out entirely
of Eligibility for VA Education Benefit – First Page (If you have not yet received this document,
we can take the above forms and you can turn in the COE when you receive it.)
-OR- eBenefits Summary of Education Benefits
- First Page
-Click or hover over the
link “View Status”
-Click on your education
benefit, print first page.
9. To expedite the financial aid
refund process complete the following:
- eBenefits Summary of Education Benefits – First
Page (see step 7)
10. Sign up for UCD health insurance.
Ensure it is billed to your student account. Only sign up for the current semester.
steps 1-7 are complete the CU Denver Veteran Student Services School Certifying
Official will certify your enrollment and you should start receiving benefits.