The TRiO SSS program is federally funded to serve 165 students annually. The program is available to students who meet the following criteria:
- Students who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment at CU Denver as an undergraduate student
- Students who are First-generation college students (neither parent has a 4-year college degree)
- Students who are low-income college students as outlined by the Department of Education criteria
- Students with a documented disability
- Students who have a need for academic support
- Citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
Expectations of Participants
Once a student is accepted to participate in the TRIO SSS program, the participant is expected to attend a program orientation and fulfill the following participation requirements each semester:
- Meet with a peer mentor at least 3 times
during the fall and spring semester.
- Meet with Professional staff at least 2 times per semester.
- Attend at least 2 skill building workshops during the fall and spring semesters.
- Attend one financial literacy session per