- Student exhibits will be displayed or presented in the Student Commons Building, on the Downtown Campus on Friday, April 17, 2015.
- Any CU Denver undergraduate or graduate student who is enrolled on the Downtown Campus or Anschutz Medical Campus engaged in scholarly activities in collaboration with CU Denver faculty is encouraged to apply.
- All students are expected to give an informal presentation and answer questions regarding their research or creative activity to people that stop by their exhibit.
- Presenters are asked to remain at their exhibit during the entire session.
- Presentations should be tailored to an educated, non-expert audience.
Types of Student Exhibits
There are 2 options for your poster displays:
- poster mounted on foam core or cardboard ready to display on the easels
- freestanding tri-fold poster ready to display on a table
Please specify on your application whether you want an easel or table. Typically posters are approximately 3' X 4'. If you have a larger display, please specify your needs on your application or email email@example.com to make sure we have an appropriate space reserved for your display.
Learn more about how to create an effective poster presentation.
For additional guidelines, please check out Boston University's website.
Review sample poster templates: PowerPoint Example 1 or PowerPoint Example 2.
We encourage all participants who choose a poster exhibit to create their poster in an electronic format.
2. Media Exhibits (film, video, streaming media)
- Your presentation should be no more than 12 minutes in length
- Presenters are responsible for arranging for their own the AV equipment, computers, etc.
3. Displays (sculpture, models, art, etc)
- Be prepared to discuss your display with participants, for example, the medium used, its meaning, details about the project, etc.
- Please specify on your application form how you plan to display your work. For example, a table, floor space, etc. Specify dimensions if you need a space larger than the typical 6' space
- Your performance should be no more than 12 minutes in length. This limit is strictly enforced