2019 RaCAS (Research and Creative Activities Symposium)
and graduate student scholarly activities are showcased at the annual
Research and Creative Activities Symposium.
from both the Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus are eligible to
participate in the symposium, which provides the opportunity to present their
work to an audience of peers, faculty, family, and visitors. Over 200 student researchers
participated in the event each year.
The Symposium showcases the research, creative and other
scholarly activities of undergraduates and graduate students on the Denver
Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus.
All CU Denver students involved in mentored research, creative,
and other scholarly activities are invited to participate.
· Students who are currently enrolled are eligible, as are those students who were enrolled in the previous Summer or Fall and
have since graduated.
Students may choose to present their scholarly work in many formats including:
For more information on presenter guidlines, see here
- Poster presentations
- Exhibits, such as sculpture, photography, models and design
- Video, streaming media, web
- Oral presentations
- Performances, such as readings, musical composition, and monologues
- Showcase undergraduate and graduate student research, creative, and other scholarly activities
- Foster professional development through academic excellence
- Promote collaborative efforts among students and faculty at CU Denver and CU AMC
- Encourage interdisciplinary scholarly activities
- Celebrate and foster diversity
- Establish and build connections with the community
- Scholarly activity distinguishes scholarly students! Expand your experience beyond the classroom.
- Develop professionally. Enhance your analytical skills, confidence, creativity, communication skills and more!
- Enhance your resume. Employers, medical schools, and graduate programs seek highly motivated, scholarly candidates!
- Learn what other scholars are doing on both campuses.
- Share your work with faculty and peers - it is rewarding!