What: A Call for Student Posters, Exhibits, and Presentations
When: April 19, 2013 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Where: Downtown Campus, Events Center
- To showcase and promote the scholarly and creative activities of UCD students
- To foster individual professional development via the presentation experience
- To encourage student-faculty collaboration on scholarly projects
- To establish UCD in the community as an institution that cultivates and recognizes extraordinary scholarly achievement
- To celebrate excellence
YOUR CHARGE AS A FACULTY MEMBER:
- Please encourage your undergraduate and graduate students to submit for presentation
- poster presentations of student or student-faculty generated research findings
- exhibitions of all forms of artwork
- interactive or streaming media presentations (max. length: 12 minutes)
- video presentations (max. length: 12 minutes)
- performance presentations (max. length: 12 minutes)
- literary readings (max. length: 12 minutes)
4 awards of $250 will be given to the top presentations
- A Call for Nominations for Outstanding Student Research and Creativity Awards
4 awards of $250 each will be given. Please nominate your most talented students to submit an application to compete for one of four awards (two undergraduate and two graduate students). Winners will give a 12 minute presentation describing their research or creative project at the morning general session. Go to online nomination form to submit nominations. The abstract submitted on line should be geared toward the lay person and should explain what the research is about and why it is important to the observer. The abstract that will be exhibited should include, as an addendum, the abstract submitted on line and geared toward the lay person. This may be a page attached to the exhibit or provided as a hand out.
- Plan to attend the symposium as a way of showing your support for the talented students of UCD.
DEADLINES: Students must submit applications by March 22, 2013.