What is it?
Each year at the University of Colorado Denver’s Annual Research & Creative Activities Symposium presents a plaque to a faculty member who exemplifies outstanding mentoring of student research and/or creative activities.
Who is eligible for nomination?
- Any faculty member at the UCD Downtown Campus or Anschutz Medical Campus with a record of student mentoring that includes
- A history of undergraduate and/or graduate student project mentoring that surpasses normal expectations (i.e., beyond the usual classroom and thesis committee activites)
- An ongoing commitment to providing students with research and/or creative experiences that go above and beyond the classroom experience
- Promoting the value of active student involvement in research or the creative process
- Supporting faculty-student and/or faculty-student-community collaborations (including active participation in RACAS and UROP)
- Contributing to the professional development of students
- Any Faculty Member, Department Chair, Associate/Assistant Dean, or Dean may nominate a colleague for consideration for this award
- Please submit NO LATER THAN Friday, March 29, 2013:
- A letter of nomination describing in some detail the nominee’s achievements in student mentoring as defined above
- 1-3 support letters from students the nominee has mentored
- Optional: Any particularly pertinent documentation of mentoring activities that cannot be adequately described in the letter of nomination (e.g., community letters/news articles citing mentoring activities, pictures or descriptions of student project products)
- Submit nomination packet electronically or in hard copy to:
Carie Carroll, RaCAS Coordinator
Campus Box 120
P.O. Box 173364
Denver, CO 80217
- Selection Process
- Members of the RACAS organizing committee will review nominations and select the individual who best meets the eligibility criteria. The winner will be recognized at the Annual Research and Creative Activities Symposium on Friday, April 19, 2013.