Every student learns differently. Every course entails different learning strategies. Tutoring can guide you through this process so you can reach your full learning potential.
Drop in for quick questions or stay for a longer study session. The choice is yours with Drop-In tutoring. As of March 16, 2020, the LRC has moved all of its services online. For the remainder of the semester, you will utilize Zoom to meet with a tutor for Drop-In Tutoring sessions. Below is the new schedule along with new meeting ID's so you can continue to stay up-to-date on your tutoring needs as we transition to online learning.
Online Login Information
2. Click on JOIN A MEETING.
3. Enter the Meeting ID# and click JOIN. (You can find this ID# on the sessions above)
4. If you have not downloaded the Zoom program, you will have to do so in order to begin the meeting.
5. When asked for your name, please enter your first AND last name.
6. Pleas click here for Zoom’s help center if you need any technical support.
7. 24/7 technical support is also available via chat. When you visit the Zoom support link, there is a “Help” chat box at the lower right corner of the screen.
8. If the tutor is not present during their designated hours, please contact the center at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 303-315-3531.
**Online tutoring is in its pilot phase. Scheduling is limited and sessions are subject to change.
What can you expect from tutoring:
- Tutors help you navigate your coursework effectively by providing clarifications, discussions, study strategies and resources to help you excel in your course.
- Sessions my be one-on-one or in a group with students from your class to deepen content knowledge, do practice problems, gain new study strategies, organize course materials, and prepare for quzzes/exams.
- Supportive environment to make/talk about mistakes, misunderstandings, and learn through practices.
- Tutors are trained by an internationally certified tutor training program (CRLA).
- Tutors are your fellow students who did well in the course and are recommended by CU Denver faculty, but they might not always know every answer immediately. Learn together.
- Re-lecture/teach you content if you missed class.
- Provide answers/corrections/edits any homework or assignments that will be submitted for a letter grade.