Approximately 80 percent of new college graduates will have completed one or more internships. Don’t put yourself at a disadvantage – get an internship before you graduate!
Eight Reasons to Do an Internship
- Learn about a career field from the inside to decide if it is the right field for you
- Apply concepts you've learned in the classroom to real-world practical experiences
- Develop new skills, knowledge, and confidence in your own abilities
- Establish professional work habits and attitudes
- Meet new people and develop your networking skills
- Gain exposure to real-world problems and issues
- Obtain valuable work-related references and letters of recommendation
- Strengthen your resume and open the door to a job offer!