The Experiential Learning Center is your gateway to highly motivated interns and co-operative education (co-op) students. We serve as the university’s central point of contact for both students and employers, and are committed to making each internship and co-op a valuable experience for all parties.
Our services to you include:
- Providing assistance in designing quality internships that are both desirable to students and beneficial to your organization
- Advertising and promoting your opportunities through InternLink and directly to faculty, students, and student organizations free of charge
- Retaining position descriptions in our database free of charge without quantity limits
- Troubleshooting any problems or issues that may arise with an internship or co-op placement
- Conducting site visits to better understand your organization’s needs and internship opportunities
- Promoting your opportunities to students and faculty
- Providing internship evaluations and tools to track students’ work hours
If you've never hosted an intern or co-op student...
and would like assistance or advice about developing internship or co-op opportunities, please contact one of our internship advisors.
If you already host interns or co-op students
and would like to post a position, you can post internships or co-ops on InternLink.
Benefits of Hosting an Intern or Co-op Student
- Increase productivity. Access a year-round source of highly motivated pre-professionals who are ready to put their knowledge to work. Meet staffing needs for short-term projects.
- Get a fresh perspective. Interns and co-op students approach projects with enthusiasm and will often provide fresh insight into projects, products or processes.
- View potential employees in action. Internship and co-op programs provide the opportunity to observe potential candidates’ performance before hiring. You can assess their "fit" with your organization and receive a preview of their abilities.
- Enhance supervisory skills of your staff. Mentoring interns and co-op students can help your staff develop leadership and management skills that can enhance teamwork and efficiency on other projects.
- Cut down on recruitment costs. Hiring interns or co-ops that have an established history with your company can reduce your training and recruitment costs -- 77% of interns who are offered a full time job after graduation accept the job offer.
- Retain talent. Research indicates that students who are hired full-time after completing their internships are more likely to stay with the organization for longer periods of time.
- Word of mouth marketing can help your organization gain a presence on campus and develop relationships and potential collaborations with UC Denver faculty.
Get in-depth information about UC Denver's internship and co-op program.
Frequently asked questions concerning hiring and employing interns.
Post your UC Denver internship position. Review the steps to hiring an intern or co-op, post your position, and start receiving resumes.
The UC Denver Experiential Learning Center policies and guidelines ensure that UC Denver students have access to high quality learning experiences that integrate academic knowledge and work experience in professional environments.
Each semester UC Denver students can connect with potential interns or co-ops by attending our fairs and events.
Learn more about our program and get useful resources here.