Everyone has 5 minutes to give!
Stop & Serve, a monthly event sponsored by the UC Denver Experiential Learning Center, provides brief, on-campus volunteer opportunities for students. Each month, students have the opportunity to work on service projects focused on a variety of social issues in the community.
Students are welcome to stop by the North Classroom Atrium (the large study area on the south side of the building) for however long they have to give. There is no time commitment required. All projects are easy and fun, so bring some friends, enjoy free treats, and do some good for your community!
For more information, if you or a group have an idea for a project, or you would like to participate, please contact the Community Engagement Coordinator, Nelson Rodriguez.
Stop & Serve dates for the 2012/2013 academic year:
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Tuesday, February 5, 2012
Wednesday, March 13, 2012
Tuesday, April 9, 2012
Wednesday, May 1, 2012
*All Events are held in the North Classroom Atrium between 10:00am-2:00pm
Examples of Past Service Projects:
- Making "no-sew" fleece blankets for Project Linus to deliver to children in Denver hospitals
- Knitting beanies for newly-arrived refugees in care of the African Community Center
- Decorating deliverable care packages for Project Angel Heart
- Filling medical supply Kits for Kids in support of Project C.U.R.E
- Decorating personal possession chests for patients at The Children's Hospital
- Creating bookmarks for children of the Bridge Project