A volunteer is someone who offers his or her service for the benefit of a community organization or cause. Volunteering can mean spending two years as an international development worker in the Peace Corps, or two hours on Sunday planting trees in a local park. Volunteering in the Metro Denver area is an amazingly simple yet rewarding thing to do. Volunteer opportunities are available in almost all of the areas that make this diverse city such a wonderful place to live, so do yourself and your community a favor, get out there and volunteer!
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Volunteering helps students bridge the knowledge they receive in classrooms with hands-on everyday experiences within the community.
- Volunteering helps students have a meaningful and enjoyable experience while meeting and networking with others who share the same values. Volunteers explore and get exposure to possible future careers and like-minded professional organizations.
- Volunteers get to witness firsthand the positive impact they have on the community.
- Volunteers earn the sense of pride and satisfaction that comes when serving a greater good.
- Volunteering enhance your overall education and looks great on a resume. Remember, potential employers are looking for the well-rounded individual who can make a positive impact in a variety of different settings.
Tips for Volunteering: