The UCD Career Center offers your student numerous resources and skill building opportunities. Our services are called Just ASK! and are designed to complement your student’s educational program and help them achieve their career goals.
The “A” in ASK! represents the importance of beginning with a complete assessment of all your student’s best qualities. The Assess part of ASK! helps your student understand the importance of identifying their natural talents, personality, strengths, interests, skills, and abilities. The Career Center offers students multiple resources to help them assess their best qualities:
- Call the Career Center to schedule a one hour appointment with a Career Advisor
- Attend one of the Just ASK! ASSESS Forums
- Complete an Online Assessment Program: eDiscover, MyMajors, MyPlan, Myers-Briggs, Strong Interest Inventory, Temperament, Values, Skillscan, and others!
Perfecting the skills necessary for launching a successful job search is the “S” part of Just ASK! The Search for quality employment calls for excellent career collateral on your student’s part. These include a top notch resume and cover letter, the ability to interview with confidence and ease, knowing how to conduct both a traditional and online job search, and a strategy to keep your student focused and motivated. The Career Center Job Search resources include:
- Schedule a one hour appointment with a Career Advisor to discuss your job search strategy development, resume and cover letter creation, targeting employers, and guidance for on-line job hunting
- Attend one of the Just ASK! Job Search Forums
- Stop in for Just ASK! Quick Tips, ideal for initial career guidance and assessment testing, resume reviews, interview prep, job search questions, and assistance with your Just ASK! Job Link account. (15 minute sessions)
The “K” of ASK! is that final step as your student begins to Knock on real and virtual doors of employment opportunities. Students can learn how to connect with employers through venues such as networking, attending career fairs, special career events, and utilizing the Just ASK! Job Link.
Encourage your student to update/create their profile on Just ASK! JobLink to maximize their opportunities!
Go to our homepage Here.
If your student enrolled before Spring Semester 2009:
- Enter in the following as your log-in information under Just ASK! JobLink sign in
Username: Student ID
- Update your profile by completing the required information
If your student enrolled after Spring Semester 2009:
- Click “Need to Register” below the ‘Login’ button.
- Select “Students”
- Select “Continue”
- Complete your profile by completing the required information
On Just ASK! Job Link you can:
- Learn the importance of networking and attend employer events
- Post your resume for review by employers
- Apply for jobs
- Find out about important career events
Completing the three steps of the A-S-K! adds to your student’s skills in making a good impression, communicating, and convincing employers that they are just what they are looking for! Just ASK! we’ll show your student how to put their education to work.