This innovative new program is intended as a functional resource to supplement the information available from the Career Center staff. The program may be utilized by the CU Denver Career Center staff, CU Denver faculty, and all eligible CU Denver students as either a self-paced informational course, or as a primer for students entering the professional work environment, both during and upon exiting their educational careers.
This program is designed to assist university students in their quest toward future employability. The implementation and dissemination of the program material through the Blackboard system assures that the CU Denver Career Center’s information is delivered in a manner in which CU Denver students are familiar—and one in which students will be able to look at the information at their own pace throughout the course of their university careers.
The Certificate of Employability program consists of nine self-contained modules, each containing a wealth of information and a corresponding video presentation. The CU Denver Career Center Certificate of Employability program is available to all students as a self-paced informational module, but for those students wishing to formally complete the program and receive an official CU Denver Career Center Employability Certificate, an online exam must be taken at the culmination of the program in conjunction with an in-person appointment at the CU Denver Career Center.
CU Denver Career Center Certificate of Employability Modules
- Job Search Strategies
- Targeting Employers
- Online Job Hunting
- Résumé Building
- Writing Cover Letters
- Utilizing Job Fairs
- Negotiating Offers
The CU Denver Career Center Certificate of Employability program offers benefits to both CU Denver students and faculty. Faculty will appreciate that the sections of the program are modular and are easily incorporated into pre-existing lesson plans. Students will appreciate having access to the CU Denver Career Center’s wealth of information in a highly navigable and truly 24/7 delivery format.
Benefits to Faculty
- Modular and organized delivery format
- Promotes student success
- Serves as a teaching tool beyond general employability
- Encourages student professional preparation
- Introduces students to what the CU Denver Career Center can do for them
- Presents the professional work environment into the classroom
Benefits to Students
- It's free!
- It's like having a CU Denver Career Center appointment available 24/7
- Self-paced, accessible online
- Introduces students to the expectations of the professional work environment
- Ensures that more CU Denver students are prepared to enter the job market
- Eliminates some of the worry associated with job preparation