are two (2) possible options for housing.
1. COAHEC ARRANGED HOUSING
While housing is never
guaranteed, it is the intent of COAHEC housing that health professions students
on clinical rotation will be housed within the community they are located to
facilitate their engagement with the community. Housing coordinators shall provide housing as
close to the rotation as possible. The majority of COAHEC housing occurs in host
homes, and every effort will be made by regional AHEC coordinators to secure
Students must acknowledge and sign the Student Housing Contract when registering. Upon receipt of the student housing contract by the Regional AHEC Office Housing Coordinator, housing will be arranged. Once the contract has been received from the student and the housing has been confirmed, the Regional AHEC Housing Coordinator will contact the student directly with their housing information a minimum of two weeks (10 business days) prior to the start of the rotation.
STUDENT FOUND HOUSING
may choose to arrange their own housing
and request reimbursement as outlined below.
- Students who arrange their own housing shall respond to the initial email from the COAHEC program office
and indicate that housing is not needed
who arrange their own housing are responsible for any payments to the homeowner
or landlord as required. No advance of
funds shall be made available to students to pay for housing. No background
checks or other support is provided
Students who violate the cancellation policy in Section III,1 will not
be eligible for reimbursement
B. PAYMENT PARAMETERS for
- ONLY UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS STUDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE
- Reimbursement: Students shall
be reimbursed up to the number of days of their clinical rotation (allowing for
arrival and departure days) regardless of when the student chooses to
arrive/leave, and only for the actual nights housed. Students will be reimbursed at the current VCHA approved rate, and not to exceed the actual amount spent for the entire
rotation. CURRENT RATE is $23/night
- At the END of the rotation, students must properly complete an official
Colorado AHEC program rent receipt found on the Colorado AHEC program website (www.ucdenver.edu/coahec)
and submit it to the Colorado AHEC program office (COAHECHousing@ucdenver.edu) no later
than forty-five (45) calendar days following the completion of the rotation to
- Reimbursement checks shall
be mailed directly to the student from the Colorado AHEC program office.
- No reimbursement payments shall be made for students who reside with
immediate family members (parents or siblings).
- No advance of funds shall be made available to students to pay for
University of Colorado/ Anschutz Medical Campus Academic AHEC Program Liaisons:
• College of Nursing: BSN Allison Moravec-Rice (Allison.Moravec-Rice@ucdenver.edu) 303.724.8311 (office) Deana Alfonso (Deana.firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Physician Assistant Program: Tanya Fernandez (email@example.com) 303.724.1345
• Physical Therapy Program: Cindy Armstrong (firstname.lastname@example.org) 303.888.0580 (mobile)
• School of Dental Medicine: Tamara Tobey (email@example.com) 303.724.7033 concurrently with Karen Tawara (firstname.lastname@example.org) 303.724.7030 (office)
• School of Pharmacy: Wendy Anderson (email@example.com) 303.724.2619 (office) concurrently with Wes Nuffer (firstname.lastname@example.org ) 303.724.2654 (office)
• School of Medicine: Nichole
Zehnder (Nichole.Zehnder@ucdenver.edu) 303.724.6407 (office)
• Anesthesiologist Assistant Program: Ann-Michael Holland (Anne-Michael.HollandBurnett@ucdenver.edu) 252.414.1042 (mobile)
Regional AHEC Housing Coordinators:
• Centennial AHEC (CAHEC): Nancy Schumacher (email@example.com) 970.330.3608
• Central Colorado AHEC (CCAHEC): Mitch Fittro (firstname.lastname@example.org ) 720-863-8199
• San Luis Valley AHEC (SLVAHEC): Lisa Lucero (email@example.com) 719.589.4977; 719.588.5363 (mobile)
• Southeastern Colorado AHEC (SECAHEC): Debra Ball (firstname.lastname@example.org) 719.544.7833
• Southwestern Colorado AHEC (SWCAHEC): Heather Sorensen (email@example.com) 970.426.4285
• Western Colorado AHEC (WCAHEC): Nicole Heil (firstname.lastname@example.org) 970.434.5474
ext. 3; 970.201.9565 (mobile)
Full student responsibilities can be found in the Housing Policy-- some are highlighted below:
• Students must register using their official student CU Anschutz e-mail address (personal e-mail addresses are not acceptable) or contact the appropriate regional AHEC office using an applicable official University e-mail address if a non-CU Anschutz student.
• If a rotation is changed or canceled, the student must notify the
Regional AHEC Housing Coordinator and the Colorado AHEC Program Office
immediately. In addition, if changes occur within two (2) weeks of the start the date the student AND the student’s
Academic Program Liaison must notify the Regional AHEC Housing Coordinator and
the Colorado AHEC Program Office immediately.
Failure to provide notice of cancellation once housing has been assigned will
result in charges to the student’s Academic program and the inability for the
student to request Colorado AHEC housing in the future. The student’s Academic
program will determine the need for any further action toward the student.
Full AHEC responsibilities can be found in the Housing Policy-- few are highlighted below:
• Colorado AHEC Host housing provides students with a single, private sleeping room, however, the bathroom may be shared with the Host family or other students. Students are expected to purchase their own food and prepare their own meals unless previously arranged with the Host. Any costs for food are at the expense of the student and will NOT be reimbursed by AHEC. The Host family will share space in their kitchen and may share other living space in the home which should be discussed with the Host upon arrival.
• Colorado AHEC owned/leased houses, apartments and condos may be coed (male/female). Colorado AHEC provides students with a single, private sleeping room, however, the bathroom may be shared. Additionally, all common areas; kitchen, living, and dining areas may be shared with other students.
• Internet access is NOT guaranteed. If Internet service is not available at the housing location, the student will be notified prior to the rotation and the Regional AHEC Office will assist the student in locating internet access in the community. It is the student’s responsibility to communicate with their Academic Program on the Anschutz Medical Campus should internet access not be available. Bandwidth is limited in many rural areas. Students are asked to limit their internet usage to Academic Program-related activity while residing in Colorado AHEC Housing.