To advise the Dean of the Graduate School and the Postdoctoral Office on postdoctoral affairs and issues; to assist in creation and establishment of policy, protocols, and precedent affecting Postdoctoral Fellows/Trainees; and to promote the UCD campuses as a primary postdoctoral training ground.
- This 18-member body is convened by and at the pleasure of the Dean of the Graduate School.
- The make-up may vary somewhat but the numbers most consistently are made up of one-half faculty mentors (9), one-third postdoctoral fellows (6), two (2) departmental administrators, and one (1) ex-officio staff person from an administrative office involved with and pertinent to the process or issues of postdoctoral employment.
- A diversity of departmental units are to be represented in the membership.
- The Dean of the Graduate School, as Chair of the PAC, acts as a deciding vote in issues where tie-votes occur.
- Meetings are held at least twice a year on the second Thursday of the months of April and October at 1:30pm, and more often as necessary.
- Meeting logistics and communications are managed by the Postdoctoral Program Manager.
- Meeting agendas are set by the Dean of the Graduate School. Any member of the Committee and the program manager may suggest items for the agenda.
A list of currrent members of the PAC
A list of former members of the PAC
Meetings began in October of 2008. Agendas are housed here as well as a summary of accomplishments in the first academic year.