Abstract Submission Opens January 22, 2013
Abstracts Submission Ends February 22, 2013 by midnight
The Postdoctoral Advisory Committee, UCD Postdoctoral Association, and the Postdoctoral Office invite you to participate in the Postdoctoral Research Day 2013 Poster Session.
Goals of the Poster Session
• To provide a forum for postdocs to showcase their research.
• To foster discussion and the exchange of ideas between departments that may allow for program enhancements and collaboration.
All submitted abstracts are eligible
for the poster sessions. The first 5 people to submit abstracts (after
submission opens on January 22nd) will be invited to attend lunch
with the speakers. Due to Scott Morgan’s “Interview
Upskilling” workshop, there will be no oral presentations this year.
PDRD2013 Abstract Submission Form.doc
Submitting Your Poster Abstract
1. Submission Deadline: midnight – Friday, February 22nd, 2013.
2. To submit your abstract, email the completed Poster Abstract Submission Form, saved as a Word document, to Valerie Saltou at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Abstract format:
Font: Arial 10
Title: Should be brief, clearly indicating the nature of the study
CAPITALIZE the entire title.
Do not use abbreviations in the abstract title.
Authors: State all authors’ initials and last names.
Underline the presenting author’s name.
Body: 300 word limit (title, author, and affiliations should be included in the count)
• Organize the body of the abstract to include a purpose of study,
methods used, summary of results, and conclusions reached.
• Do not skip a line between the title and authors or affiliations.
• There should be only one line space between authors and body.
• Indent the first line of text at least three spaces.
Key words: Please submit 3 key words that will help us pick the appropriate judges for your poster.
Please note that we have no resources for proofreading abstracts; all abstracts must be submitted ready to copy, paste and print in a program.
Poster Presentation on March 22, 2013:
1. Poster size no larger than 4’ by 6’.
2. Be sure to include disclosure information on funding and
conflicts of interest on your poster.
3. Sign in starts at 8:30am- get
your assigned location and session time to be judged. (Logistics coming late.)
4. There are two sessions, each lasting one hour and fifteen
minutes: 9:30-10:45am and 10:45am-12:00pm. You will be assigned to one of these
sessions. During your assigned poster
session you should stand by your poster and be available to answer
questions. During the other poster session you are free to browse other
5. Regardless of which session you are assigned, your poster
should be mounted by 9:30 am and stay up until 1:00 pm.
6. Any tie-breaker judging will be done from 12:00-1:00pm, so
you may need to hang around just to be sure.
7. Awards will be announced during the reception, which begins
at 4:30 pm.