Objective: To provide training specific to writing “aims” pages for grant submission.
- Postdoc must be the primary PI on the grant.
- Required submission of “aims” page due two weeks in advance of workshop date.
- Prior to seminar day:
- PDO sponsored & arranged 1-3 hour sessions several times a year – announced to postdoc population
- Attendees/participants register for upcoming seminar
- Participants submit written aims page two weeks in advance in MS Word format (for editing)
- Seminar day:
- Faculty presenter presents general tips for writing specific aims pages
- Submission excerpts used as examples for discussion and suggestions for improvement
- Faculty reviewer[s] provide return of submitted materials with written comments
- PDO asks for evaluative feedback regarding helpfulness of session
Faculty volunteers with years of experience