Postdoctoral Fellow Searches
- No search is required for filling Postdoctoral Fellow/Trainee appointments.
- IF a search is done, jobsatcu is to be used as the hiring/application mechanism. (See this page for options on advertising and recruitment.)
- The PDO does not approve position data.
- The PDO gets involved as soon as a selection is made and the negotiations for hire are being undertaken.
Hiring Procedures and Documents
- Review procedures to get an overview of what needs to happen and a feel for how long it may take to complete the process.
BASIC PROCEDURE FOR EMPLOYMENT OF POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS.pdf
DEPT POSTDOC PROCESS CHECKLIST.doc (OPTIONAL use - for
departmental tracking only.)
For a complete guide to all postdoc employment actions, print or copy to your computer the "PDO Desk Manual for Dept Processors".
- Deadlines must be met for the Dean’s Postdoc Action report, based on when the department wants the start date to be. All paperwork (forms and templates below) needs to be completed and sent to the PDO by the end of the business day on the dates listed.
PDO Submission Deadlines 2014.pdf
- Required minimum salary level at initial hire is based on years of experience:
UCD Postdoctoral Stipend-Salary at Initial Hire.pdf
- Provisional appointments may be possible for those awaiting receipt of their diploma.
Provisional language is added to offer letter - see Provisional Appointments page
For additional tips: Writing Job Descriptions for Postdoctoral Fellows.pdf
Required Hiring Packet
Send documents electronically to the PDO at Valerie.Saltou@ucdenver.edu
- Please send all documents in one submission.
- Keep letter of offer as a separate scanned file, the rest can be put into another scanned file, or scanned separately as desired.
- PEAP form POSTDOC EMPLOYMENT ACTION PAGE.dotx
- Letter of Offer (prepare on letterhead.) UCD Postdoc LOO template 7-2014.docx
- Job description
- Selected candidate's current/updated CV
- Proof of degree* (or provisional language must be included in the letter of offer creating a Provisional Appointment)
*Three items show official verification of degree completion:
2) Official transcript from institution including clear indication of degree earned
3) Official letter from the graduate school conferring the degree, stating that all requirements have been met (this can happen several months before they walk across the stage at graduation).
6. Background check verification from HR (forward the email dept receives)
1) Must be submitted to PDO before hire is approved in HRMS
2) Waived in the case of a candidate who is applying for a new visa
At any point in this process, please contact the Postdoctoral Program Manager, Valerie Saltou, with any questions: 303-724-2930 or Valerie.Saltou@ucdenver.edu