Postdoctoral Fellow Searches
- No search is required for filling Postdoctoral Fellow/Trainee appointments.
- IF a search is done, jobsatcu is to be used as the hiring/application mechanism. (See this page for options on advertising.)
- The PDO does not approve position data.
- The PDO gets involved as soon as a selection is made and the negotiations for hire are being undertaken.
Hiring Procedures and Documents
- Please review the procedures to get an overview of what needs to happen and a feel for how long it may take to complete the process.
BASIC PROCEDURE FOR EMPLOYMENT OF POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS.pdf
DEPT POSTDOC PROCESS CHECKLIST.doc (OPTIONAL use - for
departmental tracking only.)
- Deadlines must be met for the Dean’s Postdoc Action report, based on when the department wants the start date to be. All paperwork needs to be completed and sent to the PDO by the end of the business day on the dates listed.
PDO Submission Deadlines.pdf
UCD Postdoc LOO template 7-2013.docx (REQUIRED USE)
- Required salary level at initial hire is based on years of experience:
UCD Postdoctoral Stipend-Salary at Initial Hire.pdf
- Provisional appointments may be possible for those awaiting receipt of their diploma.
Provisional language is added to offer letter - see Provisional Appointments page
- Job descriptions are required as part of the hiring packet. Using this template is optional.
PD JOB DESC TEMPL.doc
Direction on Writing Job Descriptions for Postdoctoral Fellows.pdf
Send documents electronically to the PDO at Valerie.Saltou@ucdenver.edu
Please send all documents in one submission. Please keep letter of offer as a separate scanned file, the rest can be put into another scanned file.
- PEAP form POSTDOC EMPLOYMENT ACTION PAGE.dotx
- Letter of Offer (Prepare on letterhead.) UCD Postdoc LOO template 7-2013.docx
- Job description (Use of this template optional.) Job description template
- Selected candidate's current CV
- Background check verification from HR
1) Must be submitted to PDO before hire is approved in HRMS
2) Waived in the case of a candidate who is applying for a new visa
- Statement of Appointment (SOA) - IF position is funded on an NIH training grant (T-32)
- IF candidate has not yet received diploma, either:
1) A letter from the graduate school conferring the degree verifying all requirements have been met. OR
2) Provisional language in the Letter of Offer regarding expected receipt of proof of degree. (see Provisional Appointments page for correct language and circumstances)
- Proof of Degree - official transcript or diploma (always welcomed!)
At any point in this process, please contact the Postdoctoral Office Coordinator, Valerie Saltou, with any questions: 303-724-2930 or Valerie.Saltou@ucdenver.edu