The Anschutz Medical Campus has two campus-level teaching awards given annually to faculty members in each school and college; the award winners are selected by the students in the respective schools/college.
The President’s Excellence in Teaching Award Criteria 2017
The President's Excellence in Teaching Awardees are recognized annually at the May commencement exercises. One faculty member is selected by the graduating class in each of the schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health. This recognition includes a plaque and a one-time cash award of $500.00 added to the recipient’s monthly salary.
The criteria for the President’s Teaching Award are as follows:
The President's Excellence in Teaching Award is an acknowledgement of a faculty member's outstanding, innovative, and inspirational contributions to the students’ professional development.
Awardees will be chosen by the:
- Senior Class of the School of Dental Medicine
- Senior Class of the School of Medicine
- Senior Class of School of Nursing (Undergraduate)
- Senior Class of the School of Pharmacy
- Senior Class of the Colorado School of Public Health
The senior classes will choose the awardees and inform their deans and associate deans for student affairs. The deans or associate deans will transmit the names of the awardees along with a current CV to Susannah.McGuire@ucdenver.edu no later than Friday, March 31, 2017. (If you have questions about the submission procedures, contact Susannah at 303-315-2107.)
Chancellor’s Teaching Recognition Award Criteria 2017
Chancellor's Teaching Recognition awardees will be recognized at the May commencement exercises. Each school (Dental Medicine, Graduate, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Public Health) will have one Chancellor's Teaching Recognition Award, which includes a plaque and a one-time cash award of $1,000 (added to the recipient's monthly salary). The purpose of the Chancellor's Teaching Recognition Award is to recognize and reward outstanding teaching. The selection of the award winner in the Graduate School will be coordinated by Graduate School Dean David Engelke.
The criteria for the Chancellor's Teaching Recognition Award are as follows:
- Demonstrated commitment to providing students with a high quality learning experience.
- Maintenance of high scholarly standards for both the rigor of the course content and student performance.
- Possession of personal attributes which make the faculty member an effective role model.
The selection process should be as follows:
- Each Dean should solicit three nominations for the award from the school-wide student governance group. If there is no school-wide governance group, the graduating class will nominate. If possible, nominees should be different from those nominated for other taching awards within the school.
- The nominees should be reviewed by a committee within the school consisting of one representative of the student governance group, one representative of the school faculty governance group, and one administrator designated by the Dean. This committee will make a final recommendation to the Dean.
- The Dean or Associate/Assistant Dean will submit the names of the awardees, along with a current CV, to Susannah.McGuire@ucdenver.edu no later than Friday, March 31, 2017. (If you have questions about the submission procedures, please contact Susannah at 303-315-2107.)