YUMPs (Young Upwardly Mobile Professors) grants provide support to tenure-track faculty at the University of Colorado Denver (downtown) for activities that advance them toward tenure. Funded activities can include: attending professional conferences, hiring a research assistant, or buying books/software.
- Funding Limit: $500/year
- Eligibility: Tenure-track faculty
- Matching: Applicants must secure and document confirmation of matching funds from their school/department.
Please note: We no longer accept applications on a rolling basis. You must submit your request by the deadline dates. You can apply for funds as soon as your participation in a conference, training, or another activity has been confirmed or accepted. In other words, even if your conference or activity does not take place until May, but you have confirmed your participation at the beginning of the year, you can submit your application by the September 13 or January 24 deadlines.
- Fall Deadline: September 13
- Spring Deadline: January 24
- Late Spring Deadline (if remaining funds are available): April 24
- Funds must be expended within the fiscal year in which you apply.