Employee of the Month Nomination Form
Staff Council initiated the Employee of the Month (EOM) Award in 1975 to honor University of Colorado employees who deserve special recognition for the outstanding jobs they do.
Who can be nominated? Any classified, university or professional research staff member on the University of Colorado payroll who has passed his/her probationary period.
Who can nominate an employee? Any University of Colorado employee.
Three (3) nomination forms must be received for each candidate in order for that employee to be considered for the EOM award. At least one nomination form should be from the employee's own workplace.
When nominating a fellow employee for EOM, consideration should be given to the following:
- Active interest in the University of Colorado
- Concern for and helpfulness to others
- Pride in his/her job
- Consistently high job performance
- Actions above and beyond the call of duty
- Adherence to safety procedures
- Cooperative attitude
- Cost containment
- Committee involvement
Consideration should also be given to:
- Community involvement
- Volunteer service
- Ideas promoting positive growth
Qualities for which individuals will be selected are: outstanding service, superior performance, exceptional efficiency, integrity and dedication to University of Colorado and fellow staff members.
The Staff Council Images Committee will select an award recipient each month. Eligible nominees (those with three or more nomination forms) who are not selected will be returned to the pool of nominees for consideration the next month. Nominations are retained for one year, after which time nomination forms should be resubmitted for continued consideration of the nominee.
The Employee of the Month Award Consists of:
- Certificate of recognition, signed by the Chancellor and Staff Council Chair
- Cash or cash equivalent (ex. Visa Gift Card)
- Mention in University of Colorado Staff Council Newsletter