Employee of the Month Nomination Form
EPA instituted the “Let Your Light Shine” Employee of the Month program in April 2012 to honor University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus (UCD) employees who deserve special recognition for their outstanding efforts, which benefit both the University as a whole and those who come in contact with these individuals in the line of their duties.
Who can be nominated?
Any Exempt Professional on the UCD payroll at a Director level or below who has been employed with the University for at least one year and is not a current member of the Exempt Professional Assembly Board.
Who can nominate an employee?
Any UCD employee, either faculty or exempt/classified staff. Employees may not nominate themselves. More than one employee can submit a nomination form for the same individual. In fact, this is encouraged. At least one nomination form should be from the employee's own workplace, but does not have to be the employee’s supervisor.
When nominating a fellow employee for the “Let Your Light Shine” monthly recognition award, consideration may be given to the following:
- Works as a team player
- Takes pride in his/her job
- Consistent high job performance
- Demonstrates actions above and beyond the call of duty
- Adheres to university policies
- Serves as a role model for others
- Seeks cost reductions or work efficiencies
Consideration may also be given to:
- Involvement in campus or university level organizations or activities
- Community involvement and volunteer service
The EPA Board will select an award recipient each month. Eligible nominees who are not selected in any given month will be returned to the pool of nominees for consideration the next month. Nominations are retained for one fiscal year (July – June), after which time nomination forms should be resubmitted for continued consideration of the nominee.
The Employee of the Month Award Consists of:
- Certificate of recognition, signed by the Chancellor and EPA President
- Cash equivalent (ex. Visa Gift Card), currently set at $100.00
- Mention in campus internal communications and the EPA website