Welcome to my research page. Here, you will find information on my research work. If you like additional information or preprint feel free to send me an E-mail.
Dynamics and Control
Research in this field is directed at the control of systems governed by partial/ordinary differential equations. My efforts in this field is in the area of control of flexible structures. Specifically, the goal is to obtain feedback laws for control of flexible beams, plates and multi-component systems. Recent results inculde the application of piezoceramic actuators to the problem of panel flutter. Current efforts is directed at the extension of these control laws to the control of panel flutter in transonic regimes.
Computational Solid Mechanics
Research is directed at the applications of non-destructive techniques for the problem of parameter identification in elastic solids. Two specific problems are of particular interest. One is the inverse wave scattering in layered medium for monitoring airport pavement integrity; and the other is for the identification of material properties for components used in electronic devices. In both cases, measurements can be collected at the surface based on which subsurface material information is to be recovered. For both problems accurate numerical modelling of the elastic wave scattering for relatively long times is essential.
Research is directed at inverse problems involving heat transfer. In particular the goal is to further apply a recently developed method which is based on Quazi-Reversibility to inverse problems for the radiation heat transfer. Radiation heat transfer is modelled by a system of linear integro-differential equations and, in principle, it is possible to extend this method to such problems. Efforts in this direction also include the development of accurate numerical schemes for such coupling between interacting bodies.
- M. Tadi, Evaluation of the diffusion coefficient based on boundary measurements, ASME Journal of Heat Transfer 122, pp. 367-371, (2000)
- M. Tadi, Wei Cai, Inverse Matrix Evaluation for Linear Systems, Inverse Problems 17, pp. 1-14, (2001).
- M. Tadi Evaluation of Elastic Properties in 2-D non-homogeneous Solids, Computational Mechanics 27, pp. 208, (2001).
- M. Tadi, M. Klibanov, Wei Cai, An Inversion Method for Parabolic Equations Based on Quasi-Reversibility, Computers, Mathematics with Applications 43, pp. 927-941, (2002).
- M. Tadi, Compensator Design for Supersonic Panel Flutter, Computers and Structures 80, PP. 989-999, (2002)
- M. Tadi, State-Dependent Riccati Equation for Control of Aeroelastic Flutter, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 26 pp. 914-917, (2003)
- M. Tadi, Inverse Evaluation of Emissivity Function, Heat and Mass Transfer, 40, No. 1-2, pp. 15-23, (2003)
- M. Tadi, Finite Difference Methods for Elastic Wave Scattering in Layered Media, Journal of Computational Acoustics, 12, No. 2, pp. 257-276, (2004)
- M. Tadi, Finite Volume Method for Elastic Wave Scattering, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 94, No.4 pp. 1500-09 (2004)
- M. Tadi, On Computing Periodic Orbits, Sounds and Vibrations, Vol. 283, pp. 495-506, (2005)
- M. Tadi, Nonlinear Feedback Control of Slewing Beams Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 195 (1-3) pp. 133-147 (2006)
- A. Jayaram and M. Tadi, Synchronization of Chaotic Systems Based on SDRE Method Chaos, Solitons, and Fractals , Vol. 28(3), PP. 707-715 (2006)
- M. Tadi, On Stability of Second-order Linear Time Varying Systems ASME Jounral of Vibrations and Acoustics , Vol. 128, pp. 408-410 (2006)