July 31st, 2019
July 16th, 2019
The Staff Inclusive Excellence Committe, with the Professional Development Subcommittee, launched a pilot Mentoring Oppotunity Program for 10 mentor/mentee pairs.
January 31st, 2019
December 11th, 2018
The CU Denver | Anschutz Staff Council voted to adopt the 5 specific recommendations and report from the Ad Hoc Employee Tuition Assistance Benefit Committee. The 5 specific recommendations are listed below.
October 16th, 2018
October 8th, 2018
The Train & Retain Steering Committee has finalized it's goals
for the first year of the initiative (July 2018 - June 2019). We will focus on:
- Synthesizing survey data on the career training/professional development opportunites that staff want.
- Assisting with the Staff Council Professional Development Symposium.
- Publicizing opportunities and gathering resources via email and the Train & Retain website.
October 1st, 2018
We are glad to announce that Natalie Yslas, Chair of CU Denver | Anschutz's Staff Council Professional Development Committee, will be joining the Train & Retain Steering Committee.
July 25th, 2018
We are glad to announce that Debbie Lammers, MBA, Director of Learning of Development, will be joining the Train & Retain Steering Committee.
July 24th, 2018
Emily Warren, MA, and Timothy Oakberg, PhD, have been named to the Steering Committee of the Staff Council Train & Retain Initiative. Emily and Tim are both on the Executive Committee of the CU Denver | Anschutz Staff Council.
July 12th, 2018
The Ad Hoc Employee Tuition Assistance Benefit Committee solidified 5 specific recommendations as part of a forthcoming report to be presented to staff and faculty councils.
- Allow employees to enroll at the same time as other students.
- Ensure the fair distribution of tuition waiver costs.
- Clarify and ensure implementation of high-level policy.
- Support other means of continuing education through a Staff Training Assistance Program.
- Increase the annual number of credits allowed to be waived to 15.
July 10th, 2018
Staff Council unanimously approved a motion to begin the 3-year Train & Retain Initiative.