To view or download a copy of this documentation in PDF format, click here
- Always use http://myemail.ucdenver.edu when navigating to the site or when creating a bookmark
- If you're using Internet Explorer (IE) make sure it's version 9 or above for the best experience.
- Use your full email address or University username for the username field.
When you attempt to login you might receive an error on the gray screen (as shown below). This error typically occurs after a user enters their email and password
This issue can sometime be resolved by resetting your browser.
· Internet Explorer browser reset
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen, and click on Internet Options
- Click on the Advanced tab and click the Reset button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Reset button on the window that will come up to finish the reset process, click Close once the process is complete.
· Google Chrome browser reset
- Click on the Settings menu in the top right corner (3 horizontal lines) and click on Settings
- Half way down the window click on Show advanced settings… and scroll down to the bottom of the options.
- At the bottom of the screen click on the button Reset browser settings button to restore the default settings to Google Chrome
· Firefox browser reset
- Click the Open menu button in the top-right corner of the screen (3 horizontal lines) and click the question mark icon.
- Next click on Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on the Reset Firefox… button in the top right of the screen.
- Click on Reset Firefox on the window that will pop-up, Firefox will restart after the process completes.
new Outlook Web App is intimidating to a lot of people so here are some tips
and tricks that will hopefully ease the transition.
2. The recommended way to
login is using your full email address and University password
Internet Explorer bookmark
the ‘Add to favorites’ button
in a name to distinguish the shortcut and click the Add button
on the Star icon again and right-click on the shortcut you just created and
click on Properties.
Google Chrome bookmark
to http://myemail.ucdenver.edu and click the Star icon in
the address bar, provide a Name and Folder location for the bookmark
the settings menu in the top right corner and navigate to the Bookmark manager
the bookmark you just created, right-click on it and click on Edit
Mozilla Firefox bookmark
on the Clipboard icon next to the Star icon and click on Show All Bookmarks
will find the new bookmark under the Recently Bookmarked category, highlight it
(name is Sign In) and then edit the Name field to whatever you prefer and
change the Location to http://myemail.ucdenver.edu.
when attempting to login you will be greeted by a grey screen with a long
reference number error on it, this can mean you have bad information cached in
your internet browser and it requires being reset. Below is how to do this in IE, Chrome and
3. Navigation tips once you’re
top bar shows the different areas you can explore
Outlook tab is for your email.
a new mail by clicking on the New mail button in the top left corner
respond to an email, highlight the email and choose your reply option in the
top right corner
your folders, empty recycle bin from navigation pane on left-hand side of
screen. A great feature of the new OWA
is that all items have a right-click context menu available to them. For example you can right-click on your
folders on the left-hand side navigation pane (just like Outlook client) and
choose from one of the options
People menu shows you contacts who you have been in touch with recently but can
also be used to send a quick email or Lync IM too by right-clicking and
choosing View details.
you have access to a shared mailbox you can access it by clicking on your
picture in the top right corner and choosing Open another mailbox…
in the name of the mailbox in the window that pops-up, you can do a search for
it by display name if you don’t know the full name. Once you find it click on the Open button and
a new tab will open with the content of the mailbox.
tab will display a full view of your calendar appointments.
can manage your calendar and any others you have access too from this
view. The right-click context menus are
available here as well.
can view a calendar you have rights to in the top left corner by typing in the name
in the Search calendar box in the upper left corner of the window. From there you will be able to manage the
calendar just like you can in Outlook.
People tab will show you all your personal contacts and contact groups you have
created. You can view all the room,
user, distribution lists and contacts directories from this window.
the Task tab you can view and create new Tasks that will synchronize across all
Ultimately if you do not like the
look and feel of the new OWA you can use the light version of the Outlook Web
App, which closely resembles what we used to have with our on-premises system.
- You can access this from the Outlook tab by
clicking on your portrait and choosing Display settings.
- Click on the Outlook Web App version option
then put a check mark in ‘Use the light version of Outlook Web App’ and then
click OK at the top.
- You will need to sign-out of your current
internet browsing session and close the program down entirely. Then once you log back in you will be greeted
with the lite version of Outlook Web App.
page on what’s new: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj200767(v=exchg.150).aspx