Skip to main content
Sign In


Pretty close, anyway

​Discover CU Denver Week is November 18-24, 2019! Nonresident and WUE applicants can have their application fees waived for the entire week--simply use the promo code: DiscoverCUDen

Out-of-state students from Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) states can attend CU Denver at a discounted tuition rate through the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program—saving you more than $11,000 every year.* That’s almost like getting free money!

What’s better—receiving the WUE tuition benefit is EASY! Admitted students who indicate they are legal residents of a WICHE state on the application for admission (based on permanent address) automatically are classified as a WUE students.

Learn more about WUE at CU Denver by clicking through the frequently asked questions below, then APPLY FOR ADMISSION.

For additional questions about WUE, please email​.

*Savings based on enrollment in 15 credit hours per semester, compared to the nonresident tuition rate.



 Frequently Asked Questions


 What is the WUE Tuition rate?

WUE tuition is 150% of the Colorado resident rate without application of the Colorado Opportunity Fund.​


 What programs are eligible for WUE?

All undergraduate majors at CU Denver are eligible for the WUE tuition rate. You may choose from a wide range of programs in architecture & planning, arts & media, business, education, engineering, liberal arts and sciences, and public affairs. WUE is available only for on-campus programs; online students living in their home states are not eligible. Undergraduate degrees offered by CU Anschutz Medical Campus are not eligible.​​​​​


 If I am eligible for WUE, am I assured admission to CU Denver?

No. You must meet the admission standards of your intended program of study at CU Denver, which is a selective admission institution.​​​


 Am I eligible for WUE if I already completed a bachelor’s degree?

No. Regardless of your educational objectives, WUE is only available to students who have not yet earned a bachelor’s degree in the United States or from a comparable foreign institution.​​​​​​


 Can I receive WUE and later become a Colorado resident for tuition purposes?

No. Per the Western Undergraduate Exchange policy, WUE is granted to students who want to remain residents of their home state.  Students enrolled at CU Denver with the WUE benefit will not qualify for Colorado residency.  If a student does want to become a Colorado resident beyond educational purposes, they must relinquish their WUE tuition status and pay non-resident tuition for 12 months. At the beginning of this 12 month period, the student must also create their ties to Colorado.  At the end of this 12 month period, the student must then submit their petition for in-state residency. Residency is not guaranteed. For more information about Colorado Residency, please visit


 How do I opt out of the WUE tuition benefit?

Students need to complete the WUE opt-out form.


 What are the conditions for retaining the WUE tuition benefit?

To continue receiving the WUE tuition benefit, you must enroll as a full-time student each fall and spring semester, completing at least 12 semester credit hours. Enrollment in summer is optional, but to receive WUE you must enroll full-time. You must remain in good academic standing, achieving at least a 2.0 GPA each semester. Duration of the WUE tuition benefit is four years or completion of your bachelor’s degree.​


CU Denver

1201 Larimer Street
Denver, Colorado

Map it

CU Anschutz
Medical Campus

13001 E. 17th Place
Aurora, Colorado

Map it

CU South Denver

10035 S. Peoria Street
Lone Tree, Colorado

Map it


© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.