Doctoral programs at CU Denver are as rewarding as they are challenging for talented and determined students.
Applying for doctoral programs on the Denver Campus
Seven doctoral degrees are currently available at our Denver Campus and can be viewed on the doctoral programs page. The doctoral admissions process is selective and personal--you apply directly to the department you are considering. The department will guide and assist you with with understanding and completing the application requirements, and also notify you of your admission status.
Before applying for admission, be sure to check out your individual program application requirements and deadlines.
Though application requirements vary according to the program of study you have selected, all applicants must submit:
- an application for admission (parts I and II)
- a $50.00 application fee
- two official transcripts from each college or university you have attended (including foreign institutions)
- at least three letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores, a statement of purpose, vita or resume and/or other supplemental information as requested by the department
After your department has notified you that you have been accepted for admission, you will receive an additional notice of acceptance from the CU Denver Office of Admissions.
For Maymester and Summer 2013
Prior to the start of the registration period which begins in late spring, you will be prompted to activate a new portal account called UCDAccess. In UCDAccess, you can find your registration time assignment, search for courses, pay the required enrollment deposit, register for classes, and more. Additional enrollment information can be found in our Your Next Step brochure which is mailed to admitted students prior to the start of each semester.
Prior to the start of the registration period which begins in late spring, you will be prompted to activate a new portal account called UCDAccess. In UCDAccess, you can find your registration time assignment, check your financial aid status, search for courses, pay the required enrollment deposit, register for classes, and more. Additional enrollment information can be found in our Next Steps - Enrollment Information brochure which is sent to admitted students prior to the start of each semester.
Applying for doctoral programs on the Anschutz Medical Campus
Doctoral and professional health programs are available on the Anschutz Medical Campus.
- For admission information for professional health programs, visit our health programs admissions page and click on the appropriate school or college.
- Professional doctoral-level health programs and certifications that are not listed here can be found on the Health Programs page.
Doctoral programs on the Anschutz Medical Campus