Think of the hustle and bustle of the city as your front yard, and the wide-open spaces and mountain peaks of Colorado as your backyard.
An urban campus doesn’t just expand your opportunities to learn more, it widens your opportunities to experience more. And there’s really no more beautiful, sun-filled, season-changing place to explore all your interests than Denver
Close to Campus
Restaurants, Shopping and Entertainment – Make the most of Denver's unique neighborhoods. Have coffee in Larimer Square, try a new restaurant in LoDo, find a funky shop in the Highlands or listen to local music on South Broadway.
Pedal Power – Get amped by nearly 600 miles of multi-use trails, bike lanes and cycling routes. Start downtown at Confluence Park and bike all the way to Cherry Creek reservoir.
Professional Sports – Every major professional sport is played in Denver, and most of it—including Broncos football and Rockies baseball—is blocks from CU Denver.
World-class Theatre – The Denver Center for Performing Arts is the second-largest performing arts facility in the country. Cross the street from campus, and you're there!
Amazing Art – The Denver Art Museum hosts extensive Native American, contemporary and New World collections—and it's just a quick bus ride from campus.
the mile high city
- 300 days of sunshine a year
- 34,000 acres of city parks
- City trail system named best in nation by Parks & Recreation magazine
A Short Distance Away
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Denver Zoo
- Denver Botanic Gardens
Just a Bit Further
- Premier skiing and snowboarding
- Mountain biking
Easy Access to the City, State and Beyond
- Denver’s RTD (Regional Transportation District) offers weekly and monthly passes for bus and light rail transportation. There are stops for both conveniently close to campus—giving you connections to the entire city and beyond. Plus, the free 16th Street Mall Shuttle runs day and night to take you from one end of downtown to the other.
- Denver’s Union Station is where you can catch an Amtrak train out of town for spring break, or to Glenwood Springs for a mountain weekend. The historic station is just a few minutes from campus.
- Denver International Airport is just 27 miles away and quickly accessible by major highways from campus.