How to apply for admission
- Complete the online application for undergraduate admission Be sure to include all requested information and properly submit the application as instructed.
- Application Fee: You may pay the non-refundable $50.00 application fee with a credit card or E-check online, or by money order or check from a U.S. based financial institution. Make your check payable to the University of Colorado Denver, write your name and date of birth on the front of the check and mail it to the office of Admissions at the address listed below.
- Request that an official transcript be sent to the Office of Admissions from each college or university you have attended, even if you transferred credit from one institution to another (Please note: unofficial transcripts will NOT be used for admission decisions). Official transcripts are also required from foreign institutions, and if not in English, must be accompanied by a certified English translation. If you are currently enrolled in courses, have an official transcript sent showing credits completed to date and also request that a final official transcript be sent to the Office of Admissions when you finish your courses. Hand-delivered transcripts may be considered official only if delivered to the admissions office in the original sealed envelope. Faxed transcripts are unofficial. Electronically delivered transcripts are only accepted from participating institutions through Parchment/Docufide and are considered official when received.
- If you have completed fewer than 30 college-level credits, also request that an official copy of your high school transcript be mailed from your high school directly to the CU Denver Office of Admissions. If applicable, also request an official copy of your GED score report. A hand-delivered transcript may be considered official only if delivered to the admissions office in the original sealed envelope. Faxed transcripts are unofficial. Electronically delivered transcripts are only accepted from participating institutions through Parchment/Docufide and are considered official when received.
- If you have completed fewer than 13 college-level credits, also request that American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores be sent from the testing agency directly to the UC Denver office of admissions (ACT school code – 0533, SAT school code 4875).
NOTE: If test scores are posted on your high school transcript, a separate score report DOES NOT need to be requested from the testing agency.
Music admission is a competitive process that considers transfer admission criteria as well as additional application requirements, including scores on the AMMA examination and audition results (an audition deferment is available for applicants to the music industry studies emphasis area).
Music applications are considered only for fall semester, and early application is encouraged. Complete music applications are reviewed beginning on February 15, and the final deadline for a complete application is April 15.
Students not admitted to the music major or those who wish to begin studies in the spring or summer semester may be considered for general admission as an undeclared major in the College of Arts & Media. For additional music admission information, visit http://cam.ucdenver.edu/meis or call 303-556-2279.
Transferring from another CU Campus
If you have not yet earned a CU degree and are presently enrolled or were most recently enrolled as a degree seeking student at another campus of the University of Colorado, you are not required to submit University of Colorado transcripts or pay the application fee. To apply for admission online without paying the fee, mark "pay by check" when prompted for fee payment. The fee requirement will be removed when your application is processed. You should submit all other documents as outlined in the how to apply section, and you will be evaluated for admission according to CU Denver transfer admission requirements.
If you completed a degree at another CU campus, you must pay the application fee when applying for CU Denver admission, and submit official transcripts from each college and university you have attended, except the University of Colorado. You will be evaluated for admission according to CU Denver transfer admission requirements.
If you are under age 22 and are presently enrolled or were most recently enrolled as a nondegree student at the Denver Campus of the University of Colorado, you must submit an official high school transcript and ACT or SAT test scores regardless of the total number of college credits you may have completed. You are not required to submit a CU Denver transcript, but should submit the application fee and all other required documents as outlined in the how to apply section. You will be evaluated for admission according to the CU Denver transfer admission requirements.
Address to which all credentials should be sent:
University of Colorado Denver
Office of Admissions
Campus Box 167
PO Box 173364
enver, CO 80217-3364
Questions? 303-315-2601or email@example.com