How do I complete the on-line disclosure form?
To complete your online disclosure, use the InfoEd COI (External Interests) Module
For instructions in using the online COI (External Interest) Module please click here.
What is the purpose of the Conflict of Interest and Commitment Policy?
The University of Colorado Denver (UC Denver) encourages outside interactions of its faculty, student employees with federal, state, and local governments, and with business and industry as important parts of their research, education, and public service activities. Since outside interactions also carry with them an increased potential for conflicts of interest and/or commitment, either actual or perceived, it is important to communicate the following points:
- many conflicts that are properly disclosed can be adequately managed without detriment to the reputation, integrity or position of the institution and the individual;
- in most cases, problems associated with conflicts of interest or commitment do not arise from the conflicts per se, but rather are the result of a failure to openly acknowledge and actively manage them;
- it is important to outline the institutional process for identifying, assessing and managing these potential conflicts;
- it is critical to establish guidelines, in accordance with requirements from federal agencies including the Public Health Service (PHS) and National Science Foundation (NSF), that will help to assure the primacy of academic integrity and delineate the bounds of acceptable conduct for those who conduct any type of research and particularly research involving human subjects.
What must be disclosed on the annual form?
- All financial interests regardless of amount, for a faculty member and his/her family member with a financially interested entity that has commercial activities with UC Denver related to your research or area of expertise.
- An Executive Position or Membership on a Board of Directors where a covered individual and his/her family member holds any position that includes responsibilities for a material segment of the operation or management of a business, including Board membership.
What is NOT disclosed on the annual form?
- Salary, royalties, or other compensation from UC Denver;
- Income from seminars, lectures, or teaching engagements sponsored by public entities (i.e. Denver Public Schools, income for review boards, and NIH peer review boards); or
- Income from service on an advisory committee or review panel for public entities (Denver Public Schools, income from review boards, and NIH peer review boards);
- Interest in mutual funds where the individual has no control over the selection of holdings.
When is the annual disclosure form due?
The annual collection period is from September 1 to October 31 or within 90 days of your hire date. After the initial disclosure has been submitted, individuals should submit updates or changes to their form to the Office of Regulatory Compliance within 30 days of any change.
Where can I get additional information concerning conflict of interests?
The Conflict of Interest information and links are available on our Resources page.