The Radiation Safety group has several guidelines and manuals that are crucial to workers' safety and adherence to the institution's Radioactive Materials License. All information and guidelines can be found in one of these Radiation Safety publications:
- Radiation Safety Manual - outlines the Radiation Safety Program, the CIR, and responsibility of the PI and the Radiation Safety Staff in achieving the responsible use of all radioactive materials used on campus.
- Radiation Safety Waste Disposal Manual - outlines the types of waste created on campus and how to properly prepare and dispose of the material.
- Radiation Safety Training Manual - helps prepare a radiation worker for radioactive materials use and outlines the Modules needed to complete and pass to become an authorized user. Radiation workers must pass 4 Modules and PIs must pass 5 Modules.
The Radiation Safety publications are available electronically by clicking the links above. Principal Investigators or lab personnel may print a copy to maintain in their laboratory. All authorized radiation workers should know where to locate copies of the manual. The publications were revised in 2011 and all previous versions should be returned to Radiation Safety or recycled.
Radiation Safety Guidelines:
- Storage and Security of Radioactive Materials (coming soon)
- Waste Disposal Guideline (coming soon)
- Waste Inventory and Tracking Guideline (coming soon)
- Iodination Suite Guideline