NOTE: If you are not a current faculty or staff member, or are a current student at the University of Colorado Denver, you will need to obtain a POI number before signing up for training. Directions for obtaining a POI number can be found by clicking the appropriate box above.
1. Visit https://www.citiprogram.org/, and click the 'Register' button under 'Create an account'. (If you have taken the CITI
Courses before and are refreshing your education, Log in to the CITI website, then skip to step 8.)
2. Choose 'University of Colorado Denver' from the Participating Institutions dropdown menu, then continue with the registration process.
3. Fill out the questions using your institutional email address (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) and fill in your POI number or UC Denver Employee ID number (available at http://ucdenver.edu/ucdaccess)
4. You will see a selection of 7 Curriculum choices. COMIRB Certification requires the completion of one of the courses under Human Subjects and one of the
courses under HIPS. (The remaining courses are offered for your consideration if you have an interest in those subjects).
5. Under Human Subjects, select Biomedical (Group 1) or Social/Behavioral (Group 2). (Please select the group most closely related to the
type of research you will be doing.) Do not select 'COMIRB Panel Members' if you are not a COMIRB Board Member.
6. Then, select a course under HIPS that most relates to your position. You may scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Submit' if you do not want to enroll
in the extra courses.
7. On the next page, select 'I have not previously completed an approved Basic Course.'
8. On the next page you should see a tab titled 'University of Colorado Denver Courses'. If you click on the tab, you should see the header 'Courses'. If yours does
not say 'University of Colorado Denver', please contact the COMIRB Help Line at 303-724-1055.
9. Under the 'Status' header for each course should be either 'Not Yet Started' or 'Incomplete' in red font. Complete the listed courses.
10.You may have selected additional courses, but the two courses that COMIRB requires completion of are:
a. 'CITI Health Information Privacy and Security (HIPS)' This fulfills the *COMIRB HIPAA Course requirement. (This course only needs to be completed once, and this does not need to be completed by investigators at the Downtown Campus, or investigators whose research is solely within the Colorado School of Public Health.)
b. 'Group 1 Biomedical Investigators, Basic Course' or 'Group 2 Social and Behavioral Research, Basic Course'. This fulfills the *COMIRB HS Course requirement. (This course needs to be completed every 3 years)
11. Complete both required CITI courses with a total grade of 80% or better. These modules can be completed one at a time separately, or all at once, as your
schedule allows. Your CITI Completion will be automatically e-mailed to the COMIRB Office. Please print a copy of your completion report for