Protocol applications are to be submitted online. Please note the following steps to be completed prior to submission:
- Please allow adequate time for the online application process; submission deadlines cannot be extended.
- Personnel to be named as associates on a protocol must be identified in a master 'drop down' list in order for you to select associates during the protocol application process. Thus, personnel must be entered into the system to enable this option. At present the Personnel Qualifications (PQ) form will still be used to provide information about personnel. One form for each person (Principal Investigator [PI] included) named on the protocol must be submitted to the IACUC Office, before you attempt to enter a protocol online. Please allow adequate time (at least 24 hours) for the PQ data for new people to be entered into the system. Submit one updated PQ form for all other personnel so that the IACUC can review their qualifications in concert with the newly submitted protocol. Contact the IACUC Office if you have questions.
- A password is required to allow access to the website. Contact 303-724- 1056 to obtain the password; anyone who will access the protocol (during development, during the review process or after approval) will need a password. The PI (even if someone else enters the data) will need a password to effect the final step in the submission.
- The URL to be used for protocol submission is http://nimbus2.ucdenver.edu/protocols/
- Once you enter a valid user name and password, any existing protocols with which you are associated will be listed. On the top left a box called "MY DASHBOARD" will be visible. Please click on that and choose the "Protocols for Animals" option. Navigate to "Protocols" and choose the "Create Protocol Requests" icon. Choose "Create an Original Request" [You will only be able to use the "create from an existing request" after you have a protocol approved through this online mechanism]. Please consult the printed help manual provided at the TOPAZ training sessions or contact the IACUC Office for more help.
- Hazardous material information questionnaires will also still be in use initially, and can be attached to the web-based application (contact the IACUC Office if you encounter difficulties) or sent to the IACUC Office (e-mail attachment is acceptable).
- Please provide PQ forms for new personnel before entering a protocol.
- Please provide PQ forms for all personnel named on protocols - prior to submission is preferred.
- Please save your application frequently to avoid losing entered data as you become familiar with the new application.
- Please remember that only the PI can complete section J - the regulatory assurances - and make the final submission.
- A pre-review by a member of the veterinary staff is offered and highly suggested. The deadline for pre-review is 11 days prior to the normal deadline for a meeting. Your protocol submission will be sent to a vet for comments and returned to the investigator at least 4 days prior to the final meeting deadline in order for suggested corrections to be made and the protocol re-submitted before the regular deadline.
- The IACUC Office will develop more detailed written instructions as use of the online system progresses but the form itself contains built in help features (click on the ? ) and help is also available by calling 303-724-1056.